X

Carb sync???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb sync???

I have set my carbs but i did it at 900rpm not at 1700rpm could this make my bike rough at low rpm???

Originally posted by toxicfrog View Post
    I have set my carbs but i did it at 900rpm not at 1700rpm could this make my bike rough at low rpm???
    More likely they are not properly cleaned or adjusted, but... that said.. a sync should be done at 1800 or so rpms.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have striped the carbs down and cleaned everything as my running problem before this was animals in the carbs behind the floats and when i put them back together i set the slow running jets to 2.5 turns so i think they are all good. I hope it just needs the carbs doing again because i need to get this bike running to use it for work.

Comment

When you say "stripped and cleaned", do you mean completely down to the bones and soaked for 24 hours? Then check needles and jets for wear. And did you set float heights? If you haven't already done so, you'll need to go through Carbs 101. If the carbs aren't clean, float levels set correctly, and worn parts replaced, no amount of balancing is going to help. Also check all hoses are connected and there are no leaks around boots to head and air box.

Comment

Working...
        X