X

neutral lights does not go off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neutral lights does not go off

my neutral lights does not go off and when it do it dont come back on until after riding could it be the oil

Originally posted by 03katana816 View Post
    my neutral lights does not go off and when it do it dont come back on until after riding could it be the oil
    ?

Neutral light has nothing to do with the oil.

The neutral light works by having a plug bolted onto the side of the engine under the sprocket cover. This puck has a single point ground that when your shifted into neutral, it grounds out the connection and the light comes on.

If your wire from that puck gets damaged or grouned out before the puck (like clamped down onto it by the sprocket cover or elsewhere) then it will stay on.

If the wire is cut, and the end is just hanging... and infrequently grounding out, that could also cause the problem.

Pull the plastics off, trace the puck and it's wires. We aware if the bike is leaning to the right and you pull the puck off the bike, oil will flow out (no, it still has nothing to do with your light working...)

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X