X

carb help please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb help please!

i was looking at my carbs today and ive had idling problems since ive bought it, it dies as soon as you take the chocke off it will only idle with the choke on a little. and i noticed the nipples on the top of the carbs only one has a cap on it. would that have anything to do with it?

Carb numbers 1, 2, and 3 all should have a black rubber cap on the right side of them if you are looking towards the front of the bike. The 4th carb has a long vacuum hose that runs to the tanks petcock.

Comment

these are on the very top of the carbs like where the carbs are black on top.

Comment

You know what might be helpful here? If you stated which bike you're talking about.

Comment

93 750

Comment

Yes, those are vacuum ports and should be sealed off under normal operation. You have massive vacuum leaks causing problems. Probably not the only points...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

alright sweet thanks alot i suppose thats where i will start.

Comment

Working...
              X