X

Petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock

Ok, I have been looking for awhile for a new petcock, and everytime I go to order one, it is always out of stock. I need a petcock, can I use some sort of universal on and an adapter?

Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

Comment

Well apparently I am stupid, I have searched for every possible way on ebay to look for these. But I thank you for your help.

Comment

One thing you didn't mention.....do you have a Pre or Post Katana? My second link returned plenty of results but most of those are for a Pre Kat.

Comment

It is a post, and I ordered one. now all i need are mirrors and the right blinker

Comment

Just out of curiousity. Did you order an OEM one, or the aftermarket K&L petcock with the funny selector?

Comment

k&l i believe

Comment

is it possible to put a prekat petcock on a post kat? Just curious, and thought i'd ask. (:

I'm having petcock issues right now - a dripping leak coming from it - going to do some more inspecting today to make sure no fuel is leaking down the vacuum hose or flooding the carbs; just doing this inspection stuff until i get the rebuild kit i ordered.

Fingers crossed that some worn out rubber in the petcock is my only problem.

My bike runs fine for the most part - just been really sketchy about riding with this leak (although i've got no choice really, you know how it is when your onlyl ride is your bike)

Comment

No, it's not possible. The 98+ feeds a single fuel line, and the pre98 feeds two fuel lines. You'd have to block off one of the ports

Gah it hurts my head to think about it. Go buy a remanufactored one on ebay.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Well, if this rebuild kit doesn't fix the issue - will DEFINITELY buy a new one. I wasn't having much luck finding one on ebay that would fit my bike (they were all pre-kat), maybe i'm just not using the right search terms. pft.

Comment

That explains why the new one has two fuel lines out. I hate when people show one thing and send another, but I WILL make it work. I just want this to run.

Comment

Working...
                      X