X

chain tensor ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain tensor ????

ok so i was riding my kitty today and down shifted hard the back tire skidded a little nothing to special. But it was hard enough of a jerk to bend my chain tensor into the swing arm and loosen the chain enough that i had to walk her a block home. I read somewhere on this site about someone making a custom piece that is more durable then stock.

Ive been hunting for an hour now and still cannot find this thread.
    If anyone can give me a lead or any advice on this subject would be much appreciated, i just cant find 1 anywhere online to buy a new tensor or 2 that thread to whom was making there own that are more durable.

thanks

this is after i took it off and reshaped it. but this is the piece im talkin about the flat sheet of metal that gets bolted down to tighten the chain.
    Attached Files

Comment

at that adjustment I suspect that your chain is st-retch-ed too much. anyway ne-oublie has made some before. PM him.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Learn how to downshift properly, get a new chain, and use SV650 adjusters.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Fixes the issue...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

WOW I've never seen that happen before. That had to be a SUPER hard downshift >_> Just curious, if you know, what RPM range where you in when you dropped a gear?

Comment

i am not sure what rpms i was at but i went to shift to 2nd and the bike hit neutral instead, so i double tapped the break and went down to first the rpms where still way too high and i kicked hard. At that moment i was more concerned with the bike hitting neutral instead of going to 2nd

Comment

I folded my old adjusters all the time...

Bandit adjusters now no problems.

sv adjusters work too.
                1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
                1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
                Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Working...
                X