X

Clutch help please!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch help please!

Hey guys I just bought a 97 katana 600. I was told it needed a clutch cable. After messing around with it, I removed the clutch cover-thing and this is what I saw. I'm trying to learn about these bikes but someone please help me make sense of this. (Sorry about the poor quality pics.)

The little shaft thing that connects to the clutch cable assembly and goes into the top hole was also bent

Looks like someone had a chain break and cause some damage.

At the least it's gonna need a new sprocket cover and push rod.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Looks like someone had a chain break and cause some damage.

At the least it's gonna need a new sprocket cover and push rod.

Krey
      Ok, what about the bolt that goes under it? It's broken where it attaches to the transmission. Is the bolt vital? Thanks for the help so far!

Comment

Can you get the bolt out? If nothing else, try to center-drill it and use an easy-out. If you can get your hands on a left-handed drill bit, even better. Those bolts aren't usually that tight.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          Can you get the bolt out? If nothing else, try to center-drill it and use an easy-out. If you can get your hands on a left-handed drill bit, even better. Those bolts aren't usually that tight.
          I can get the bolt itself out but the threads where it bolts into the transmission are junk.

Comment

the clutch will work without the bolt/stay that is broken.... it just helps keep the cover from flexing, but my main worry is about the push rod

is it broken or bent or mising completely?
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
              the clutch will work without the bolt/stay that is broken.... it just helps keep the cover from flexing, but my main worry is about the push rod

is it broken or bent or mising completely?
              Well it is bent and broken haha. I have to fish what is left of it out of the trans.

Comment

Ok so I tore into the other side to get to the pushrod and this is what I saw.

My question is what am I looking at? what needs to be taken out to get to the pushrod?

Comment

Working...
                X