X

Post Carb Clean, Still Problems...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Carb Clean, Still Problems...

Little story about what I've done so far...

My '05 600, about 6k miles, was being plagued by hydro-lock presumably because the carbs were dirty,it also started to sputter up until about 3k/rpm and when idling it would drop off and quit on me.

So I torn the carbs down, they didn't appear to be too dirty, but I thoroughly cleaned them out, put in a new air filter and fuel filter, with a fresh tank of gas.

It fired right up and began to idle perfectly, problem fixed right?

Let it sit over night to see if it would hydro-lock on me, notta, fired right up and idled perfectly.

But after a about 2-3 minutes of idle or riding right after start-up the the old symptoms come back (except hydro-lock).

I thought I did everything I could/was supposed to.

Did I miss something?

Thanks

plugs.atleast check and see if any are fouled.check the pipes and see witch one is not getting hot.would not hut to cut back on the wires too.

Comment

Did you change the oil to get the gas out?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thought about the oil change, but just had it done recently, so I opted not to.

Didn't give much thought to the plugs.

Both make good sense, I'll take care of both and report back.

Thanks

Comment

Hydro-lock is when the piston cylinder fills with fuel and the engine "locks" up and won't turn over at all. Are you sure that's what you mean?

If that is what happened then you need to have changed the oil and swabbed out the airbox along with cleaning the carbs, setting float heights, checking the petcock and replacing the air filter. If not then a better description of the symptoms might get some more productive suggestions.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Oh! My baby is back!

The oil change and probably more so the plugs, did the trick. The old ones were pretty darn nasty and one had even started to develop some corrosion on the socket. I also forgot how bad she vibrates, guessing that is what led to the plugs being barely over hand tight, they just about fell out on their own.

Yes, I did mean hydro-lock. It didn't happen all the time, but if I let her sit for a week or so... I'll keep an eye on it and if she starts doing it again I may need to revisit the carbs, but she has been good so far. I did address the items needing to be as a result of the HL.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Comment

Working...
            X