X

streetfighter!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• streetfighter!!

first off sorry if this is in the wrong thread. second i would like to thank all of you who put up with me asking the stupidest stuff. ok lets get to it.

1. i have a 99 kat 750
    2. i am in the process of turning it into a streetfighter
    3. heres where i need your guys help bad.

ok, so what i need is.... sorry for the list.

headlight that mounts from the side and to the forks(anysize that looks right),a new set of gauges, a brake light, front and rear turn singals, and some kind of new mirrors.

now, i dont want and stock of the stuff listed above. ok and here is where i get picky

i need the headlight and brake light to be DOT approved. and i have a small budget so try to keep it cheap but not crapy quality cheap.

again thanks for your time and working with me here.b
    Last edited by noob; 05-15-2012, 09:17 PM.

I use bar end mirrors on my bike. U can fid them pretty cheap online I also got a 5 3/4 headlight with Brackets that mount to the fork. The brackets are pricey though due to the size needed. I'm still tryin to figure out my gauges myself
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Originally posted by bagndrag View Post
      I use bar end mirrors on my bike. U can fid them pretty cheap online I also got a 5 3/4 headlight with Brackets that mount to the fork. The brackets are pricey though due to the size needed. I'm still tryin to figure out my gauges myself
      Thanks, i never thought of the bar end mirrors I think I will look into them. and as for the light I'm still trying to even find a light there either a crap load of money or china made . I was looking at 7" one...do you think that will be too big?
      For brake light, I thought about a 3rd brake light from a Suburban. Not sure if it will work but I want a DOT light but those are hard to find and the 3rd brake light is DOT if I can make it work. It seems like it is just a small strip light which would fit under my chopped seat.

Comment

I have this tail light and it's damn bright. I can't remember which seller I got it from though. Once I get my new mirror in I'll let u know if I pass inspection with it.
        My headlight is from a Harley. I paid 35 bucks for it from a cycle shop down the street from me. I like the size of it but a lot of people do run te 7 in light. I'm actually looking into a set of 96 Gsxr lights though just to do something different then a single round light. People also get head lights of scooters too.
        ----USMC combat vet----
        07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

You can see my fighter in my sig.

I recently got my bar end mirrors for a another bike for $14 shipped off ebay. You can get fork mount head light brackets on ebay pretty cheap aswell, or get a piece of aluminum or steel and just bend some up and drill some holes.

You just gotta get creative with sticking stuff where it doesn't belong.

Comment

Working...
          X