X

Well im out of ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well im out of ideas

So right now my bike is running on 3 cylinders, it a 95 kat 750. i have checked the plugs and wires many times (they are fine), i pulled the carbs apart, found the float needle had a crack in it, replaced it and nothing changed. any one have more ideas as to why the second cylinder wont fire. (the pipe for the bad cyclinder reaches maybe 85-90 degrees while the rest are close to 200 after running for a minute or 2) and to top it off the fuel valve started leaking today

new spark plug
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Did you fully clean the carbs?

FYI: you could have probably kept this issue in your other threads regarding your running problems
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have put new plugs in it(no change), check the wires and it is getting a good spark. fully cleaned the carbs(nothing changed) switched the jets and float Assembly of the bad cylinder and a different one to see if anything would (nothing changed), gas is getting into the bowl and the jets are clean. anyone have a idea of what i should check next???

Comment

did you check the plugs right after you ran the engine, wet would be no or weak spark, dry and clean would be no fuel. Have you done a compression test.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

just rented a compression tester. will be checking that in a few minutes

Comment

Did the compression test, it only reached 90 psi and took about a minute of cranking over to reach it

Comment

On which cylinder?

Compression on one cylinder is irrelevant until compared to the other 3.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  On which cylinder?

Compression on one cylinder is irrelevant until compared to the other 3.
                  Yup. Could be rings, could be valves. Need to check against the others. Could be as simple as valves out of adjustment, could be you need new rings or something else.

Comment

That was from the first and second cylinder, both were at about 90psi. but i was reading a few different sites and they were saying a bike bike should not even run if its under 100psi and the first cylinder is running just fine

Also i noticed the plug from the bad cylinder looked a little wet/ silvery on parts of it when i took it out
                    Last edited by AustinF19; 05-13-2012, 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by AustinF19 View Post
                      That was from the first and second cylinder, both were at about 90psi. but i was reading a few different sites and they were saying a bike bike should not even run if its under 100psi and the first cylinder is running just fine

Also i noticed the plug from the bad cylinder looked a little wet/ silvery on parts of it when i took it out
                      That's because you shouldn't rely on what some random site on the internet says. Your shop manual knows best and has the compression specs in it.

Comment

good point, i have one but it on the laptop which is dead right now. anyway thoughts on
                        what i should check next?

i Just got on the manual and it says a minimum of 114 and normal of around 170 psi.
                        Last edited by AustinF19; 05-13-2012, 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by AustinF19 View Post
                          good point, i have one but it on the laptop which is dead right now. anyway thoughts on
                          what i should check next?

i Just got on the manual and it says a minimum of 114 and normal of around 170 psi.
                          If it were me, I'd be checking the valve adjustment about now.

Comment

+1

Comment

Never thought i would even be attempting this much work on the bike when i bought it ha

Comment

Working...
                              X