X

I know I saw it earlyer...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I saw it earlyer...

did a lot of reading, and researching and...stuff, well the Kat, she lives...but one of the pipes didnt heat up, and I saw something about synking the carbs based on pipe heat, somthing about if its cold its...to ritch/lean...dont remember which, and where the thread was...
    anyone know where this link is?

No, but I can tell you what the problem is, and it has nothing to do with "synking". Which ever pipe is cold, that pilot jet is not clean. Making it lean.
    Last edited by arsenic; 05-11-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

K...ARRG, time to take them all apart again?
      well thanx...at least I know...

Comment

slightly related...

I borrowed one of these

from a friend, but the Kat doesnt seem to run with out the airbox on, so seems it would be hard to use this thing... know anything about it...or do I have to pick up somthing else?

Comment

That one's not going to do you any good. You need one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbtune-Pro...item3375dc818a or one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motion-Pro-S...c7bf32&vxp=mtr
          Or do a search for DIY vacuum gauge and build your own like this: http://obairlann.net/reaper/motorcycle/manometer.html

You're trying to see the difference in vacuum between two or more carbs and adjust the linkage between them so that they're the same.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Right, that would have been too easy anyway... Grumble, lol, well thanx wild bill =)

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news although the DIY setup will work just fine and doesn't cost much at all. It's just not very convenient.

The big thing with syncing carbs is to understand that you're adjusting the carbs to match each other, not some set value. The engine has to be warmed up and running to get it right.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

The Saga continues

so, my 93 600, she was reserected from sitting in my covered parking for 2 years, and who knows how long outside before I got her, she wasn't running at all, I took off the carbs, replaced all the gaskets and 0-rings, did my best to clean out the jets and emoltion tubes and such, and put her all back together... Once I stopped trying to run her without the airbox, and put it back on as well as the filter, she starts and runs...and idles, ect...

But... took her out, rode for about 15 min...LOT more fun then my 83 cx 650c, but she bogs down around 5k, and only with a struggle will continue to run up the RPM, and upon getting home I checked all 4 pipes, the #1 was only warm, #2-3-4 were sizzling hot... comments? Questions, things to check? I think the next thing Im going to do is pull the plugs and check for spark... Im new to bikes, I can do basic stuff to cars, but bikes are completely new, and fun =)

Comment

If the #1 exhaust pipe isn't hot, it's because the number 1 pilot jet is clogged. You may say that you cleaned them yadda yadda yadda. After 15 minutes running with a tank full of sediment, you can bet they'll be dirty again.

Comment

Is the pilot the one covered by the rubber stopper?
                    I know I saw some steps and a diagram on how thats done...arrg, Ive seen so many interesting threads, bookmarked a bunch but not all...

Comment

Yes, the pilot jet is under the rubber plug. Here's a few examples of early 600 carbs that are properly rebuilt.
                      [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190674715982&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97 - OEM jetting[/ame]
                      [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190668619728&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97 - Dynojet kit[/ame]
                      I got a lot more, those are just two.

Comment

Vreey purdy, I wish my budget was more then a shoe string... then I could pick up a nice rack of them, as is, I have to do the best I can with what I have =)
                        Besides, there is a special joy in taking somthing that sat for years and wasnt much more then A hunk of metal and turning it back into a living breathing machine, and that youve done it all your self...well with advice and direction =)
                        Last edited by nitronuke; 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X