X

Rpm inquirey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpm inquirey

Ive had my 92 katana 600 for a few months and it is my first street bike Ive ever owned. It has ran decent since Ive got it but since I know very little about bikes I am curious if my bike is running 100%. Since the day I purchased my bike it has been rather jumpy at low speeds. I am not sure if it just being carborated if that is the reason for it being jumpy or if the carbs might need be rebuilt. Also until about a week ago I had problems with it cutting out when I really got on it (mostly if im rev'n it up and popping the clutch for a wheelie) and sometimes backfiring. I ran some seafoam thru fuel and it has seemed to have cleared up, however now it seems like it has lost some power. Even before I ran the seafoam thru it my katana would have good days and bad days. some days it would seriously haul some a#* and then other days it seemed like I would really have to turn the throttle to get in to it. It has proven to me before that it is capable of more torque, Im just curious why it seems quicker some days than others. Now I would say when it comes to reliability I trust it to drive about anywhere but would like to know what all I might need to do to get my bike back running 100%. I appologize if I have posted this in the wrong area im still new to this site. thanks for any help
    sigpicMILKING A DRY UTTER GETS YOU NOTHING BUT KICKED OFF THE MILKING STOOL!!!!!

Originally posted by popeboy1 View Post
    Also until about a week ago I had problems with it cutting out when I really got on it (mostly if im rev'n it up and popping the clutch for a wheelie)

I would start with rebuilding the carbs and checking for any vacuum leaks after re-installing them.
    http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
    X