X

Pulling the carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling the carbs

well the bike is running on 3 cylinders so i think i am taking the carbs off this weekend to try and find my problem. new to bikes so wish me luck!

Then, Good Luck... take your time, and if you are going to clean them, make sure you take them fully apart and dip them... Look up Carbs 101... it i s agreat help.
    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Not sure if i am going to clean them yet, they were cleaned before i bought it in march but we will see when i pull them apart

Comment

Carbs 101 is the bible for the mess your about to get into. If your like me though you will love every minute.
        `03 Shadow VLX
        `92 Kat 750 Project
        ~M109R in the near future
        Originally posted by arsenic
        Oil's like religion, there's a million of them and yours is wrong.

Comment

check your plug wires too. i had one come loose from the plug a couple of years ago. had a very odd idle and didn't run for crap. fouled plug (s) would be a problem too. if that's not it, the carbs are pretty simple, if you take your time.
          carpe diem

Comment

As long as i dont seriously mess something up i will, i am 18 and cant pay shops to do anything so i try everything myself. never really worked on a car before and just replaced the cv joint and axle last night on my car. felt awesome when it was actually fixed haha. and i dont think it is plugs or wires, the non running cylinder has a good spark and is getting gas, the plug was black and looked wet. from talking to other guys on here it sounds like it may be a leaking float needle?

Comment

if it is a carb problem carbs 101 pdf is your friend. well that and seafoam, carb cleaner, and patience.
              carpe diem

Comment

Working...
              X