No announcement yet.
X

Carb boot o-rings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel free to try and justify Harbor Freight not being shit Bill, that'll get you REAL far. Krey may use HF shit, but I'm pretty sure he knows there's something wrong with that.
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-09-2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Harbor Freight shit aside...as for the o-rings my original concern is would they seal an last. These JIS screws suck big ones an im gonna swap em with allen head screws but I still dont wanna have to worry or replace em down the line. This is one of those times where (at least I) weigh the pros an cons of skimping on a few bucks ya know? Ive already had to swap the motor an invested a bunch of money an a ton of time so I wanna make sure I protect my investment
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        Feel free to try and justify Harbor Freight not being shit Bill, that'll get you REAL far. Krey may use HF shit, but I'm pretty sure he knows there's something wrong with that.
        Attacking HF's tools is one thing. Attacking people is another, especially when the person you're implying is an idiot is one of the more knowledgeable ones on this board. Generally, I'd take his word over yours on just about anything and newer members on the board should know that.

Personally, I've had some very good experiences with HF's tools. The trick is to see them for what they are. I wouldn't go to them for a set of wrenches but for a limited-use, non-precision tool they're my first stop. For instance, when I needed to replace the coil springs on my Mustang (probably a once in a lifetime job) I needed a spring compressor. The rental one at Autozone had been trashed so my choices were $150 for a good one or $15 from HF. Remember, this wasn't a tool I expected to ever use again. The HF compressor worked just fine.

Another HF tool that I'm a fan of is their chain breaker. I might use it again but it'll be a long while. (I actually clean and oil my bike's chains. They tend to last a pretty good while.) I don't need to spend the bucks for one from Motion Pro. Instead, I spent $7 at HF and took some care cleaning and greasing the thing before using it.

HF has its place. So do your rebuilt carbs although I'm not about to buy a set of carbs from you. For the money, I'd rather do the work myself. (Besides, I've seen how well you do with 1100 carbs. We've had that discussion.) That doesn't mean I'm going to continuously talk smack about them though. There's nothing cosmic about Suzuki branded o-rings. There not made of any special material and can be replaced with Viton (sorry, Buna-n, not Viton.) o-rings from anywhere else provided you can find the proper size. Yes, that includes Grainger, McMaster-Carr and even HF.
        Last edited by Wild-Bill; 04-10-2013, 10:51 PM.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Are you having a bad day or something Bill? I'm not attacking anyone. HF sucks donkey balls. I don't care if you disagree, knock yourself out. also, I don't care whose word you hold more dearly, I don't own your bike, therefore, it doesn't mean anything to me. Considering I buy all the o-rings for every set of carbs I build in bulk from McMaster-Carr, I'm aware Bill, but thanks for letting me know. Impress Wild-Bill is not on my bucket list.
          Last edited by arsenic; 04-10-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Good thing.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X