X

Ignition button not working.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition button not working.

I have a 2001 Katana 600 its been running fine up until recently, when i go to turn it on and the button doesn't seem to do anything, the battery is in good condition, and all of the fuses seem to be good. Anyone have an idea to what the problem may be?

Originally posted by fcp4life View Post
    I have a 2001 Katana 600 its been running fine up until recently, when i go to turn it on and the button doesn't seem to do anything, the battery is in good condition, and all of the fuses seem to be good. Anyone have an idea to what the problem may be?
    bad starter relay or switch contacts. Take apart the switch cluster and clean the contacts.

Comment

I know it may sound stupid....but are you sure your kill switch isn't in the wrong position?....... don't ask me how I know
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Check clutch and kickstand safeties.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

are there any DIY's for this? kinda new to riding.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Check clutch and kickstand safeties.
              My next suggestion
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

spray a pile of wd40 in the button
                My 04 would act up once a year and 5 minutes with a can of wd40 and rag would fix it up
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                X