Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Wrench fell into top of engine... Mega d'oh!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really hate putting torque on the wrench just to have the socket slip on the bolt and have you hand go 80mph into the nearest sharp metal. Happened when I loosened the oil drain bolt
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by acraze View Post
      i really hate putting torque on the wrench just to have the socket slip on the bolt and have you hand go 80mph into the nearest sharp metal. Happened when I loosened the oil drain bolt
      Latex or Nitrile gloves FTW
      they usually take the cut and save the skin but you still get the impact pain
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I don't think a pair of my nitrile gloves would've done anything but catch some of the blood. The cut was more of a stab. Only 1/4 long (in a U-shape actually from the angle it went in) but it was so deep I pulled out my emergency stitch kit and mentally prepared myself to sew through my skin again. I got lucky and a butterfly stitch kept enough pressure for the bleeding to stop.
        sigpic
        "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."
        "Katrina" 2001 750 Black/Anthracite

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
          I don't think a pair of my nitrile gloves would've done anything but catch some of the blood. The cut was more of a stab. Only 1/4 long (in a U-shape actually from the angle it went in) but it was so deep I pulled out my emergency stitch kit and mentally prepared myself to sew through my skin again. I got lucky and a butterfly stitch kept enough pressure for the bleeding to stop.

Super glue. FTW.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
          X