X

Lower? ..or worn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower? ..or worn?

So I was in the garage putting back together my blown 98 600 and was trying to put it back onto its center stand when I realized its a little bit lower than my 2002 600.

I checked the links and they look stock (compared with my newer bike)... then I noticed the rear strut was different on both of them.. well not quite different. by different I mean the bottom of the strut where the bolt goes thru... the "hole" for the bolt is a slot so its adjustable??

I don't have a picture right now but here's what Im talking about.. its hard to draw lol but yeah see that? on my 2002 its like that, but on this one Im working on its slotted out so it can be adjusted.

So my question is..... is this the right shock? right now it is set to the highest so I assume that lowers the suspension a little?
    Last edited by acidice333; 04-20-2012, 02:19 AM.

it should be a hole not adjustable.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

So if its suppose to be a hole... why do I have one that is adjustable?

Heres the pic..

Comment

I think if you take out that bolt your are going to find a hole worn in to a slot

it actually looks like the saddle is sitting down on the arm, bet the bolt was not tight enough
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Alright so i took the bolt off and this is whats there..

Do I want it at the top like that or at the bottom? ..if so how do I move it? I'm on the side stand right now.. would this be effecting my height? I'm a wee bit shorter than my 2002.
          Last edited by acidice333; 04-20-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

first put the bolt back in before even breathing on it

was it tight?

you will want it at the bottom , but doubt it will stay there

need to get the back wheel off the ground

if you have a center stand put it on the stand , you might be able to pry with a screw drivre between the saddle and arm

I would suspect it will effect ride hight even though its onlt about 1/2 inch there its amplified by the lever effect of the arm
            Last edited by rexazz2; 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM.
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

If that's worn, I'd guess there's about 2 billion miles on that bike. Looks to me like the PO performed a mod.... Poor one, but whatever.

If it was mine,I'd probably switch it out for a proper assembly.
              1990 GSXF 1100
              2011 KLR 650

Comment

Yeah figured it was at the bottom.

Yeah got a center stand but since its a bit lower I was having a hard time getting it up until I threw some piecs of wood down to get the rear up a little.

The bolt was on there good but I cant say if it was torqued down enough. It took a rachet and some force but it came undone.

The bike had 20k (kms) on the odo but its a rebuilt title.

So now that I got it onto the stand (didnt have one originally so I borrowed it from my 2002) I'll torque it down

Comment

throw that **** in the garbage and get a 750 shock for 50 bucks
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                  X