X

Factory Pro 'Drop In' Jet Kit Stage 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Pro 'Drop In' Jet Kit Stage 1

So is this as easy to install as they say it is? They make it sound pretty simple. I've alwayz been the type to do this stuff myself but I moved to Orlando 3 years ago and left most of my tools in Ohio. What should I expect to pay for install at a shop. Or is there any of you in the area trying to make some side cash? Just bought the kit for $110 btw.

2004 Kat 750 btw. Stock.
    Last edited by BlackNBlue; 04-13-2012, 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's pretty easy. You do need to pull the carbs to do it though, since you'll need to set the A/F screws. A shop will probably want around $200 to do it for you and there's no guarantee they won't muck it up.

As for tools, you'll need to remove the fairing (You can get away with just loosening the fairing but I don't recommend it.) and tank to get at the carbs. You'll need a basic socket set, 4mm and 6mm allen wrenches, phillips-head screwdriver and a pair of pliers. Working on the carbs, you'll need a small flat-head screwdriver and may need a drill with a 1/8" bit plus a screw to remove the EPA plugs covering the A/F screws. If the carb cover screws are really stuck I'll use some small vise grips to grab them from the sides and break them loose. This chews them up a bit and I just replace them with Stainless cap screws.

You really should do a vacuum sync after installing the jet kit. That'll take a vacuum gauge, screwdriver and a golf tee to plug the petcock vacuum line. You can build your own vacuum gauge using some clear tubing, a rubber stopper from Lowes and a frappachino bottle. A shop will charge you around $200 for that service if they're willing to do it at all. More and more, I've run into shops that don't want to do it or just don't know how.

All in all, I wouldn't pay a shop to install a jet kit but everyone's different and maybe you feel like it's worth the money they'll charge just because you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, don't have the tools/space or just because you don't want to get your hands dirty. It's your money, your time and your comfort level. It's gotta be your decision.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thank you! Yeah doesn't sound like too much work. What it comes down to is tools and space. I might call around, though being you just broke it down for me if I have the tools just may do it myself, I'll have to check. Thanks for your time!

Comment

Glad to help. You do have the manual and a copy of carbs 102, right? It'd be worth giving them a read just to make sure you're fully comfortable with what-all's involved. Besides, they have pictures. Pictures are good.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X