X

stock plugs ok with mods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock plugs ok with mods?

I just recently bought my 89 Kat 600. When i got it i was told it had replacment coils on it. Well tonight i ripped into her to change the plugs and wires and found that i have Dyna coils . now my question is should i stick with the NGK DR8ES plugs or upgrade to a hotter spark? Bike also has a stage 3 jet kit and i got 8mm wires if that matters.

Do you have the stock CDI or a Dyna 2000 ignition module?

Comment

hmm good question let me go check quick

says Denso on it so im assuming stock
      Last edited by rshissler; 04-10-2012, 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Okay, well, 8mm Dyna wires are graphite suppression core. With a stock CDI you SHOULD use 7mm solid copper core wires. The stock plugs will be 100% fine. The only real "upgrade" you can do is to use iridium spark plugs (also NGK). But it's not an "upgrade". They just get hotter faster so if you take short rides they don't foul as easy. I have a clue what I'm talking about here:

What color are your Dyna coils? With the stock CDI they should be green.

Comment

crap! i got 8mm dynatek wires from JC cycle.

well forget that guess what i found under the rear seat:

they are a light grey
          Last edited by rshissler; 04-10-2012, 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Comment

alright so where should i go from here with plugs and wires haha sorry this is my first bike. im a car guy lol

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                The stock plugs will be 100% fine. The only real "upgrade" you can do is to use iridium spark plugs (also NGK). But it's not an "upgrade". They just get hotter faster so if you take short rides they don't foul as easy.

Comment

oh lol awsome i thought maybe with the dyna stuff i would have to go up but alright thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by rshissler View Post
                    alright so where should i go from here with plugs and wires haha sorry this is my first bike. im a car guy lol
                    Dynatek for the wires and ngk for the plugs

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                      Dynatek for the wires and ngk for the plugs
                      Have you read the previous 9 posts at all?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        Have you read the previous 9 posts at all?
                        As a matter of fact I did I just happened to miss read the post I quoted.
                        When I replied I thought it was kind of weird he even asked *where to go for plugs and wires* I missed the from here part of that question.
                        Next time Ill try harder not to mess up

Comment

Working...
                        X