X

Rear caliper help!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear caliper help!!

I had rear caliper squirting oil end of last summer. I looked at all the forums and rebuilt the caliper. I put it back on, bled the brakes, and now the pistons seem to be stuck in the out position. They seems to always be touching the rotor.. any idea of what went wrong?

Yup. You forgot to install the brake pads.

Comment

Ok, that was funny right there....

If you do happen to have the pads installed, the pads will always just touch the rotor. That is normal on a disc brake system. Just make sure that they are not dragging and not letting the wheel spin freely. If they are dragging, then you may have done something wrong during the rebuild...
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by jordiem25 View Post
        I had rear caliper squirting oil end of last summer.
        From where, and why. Did the pistons come out far enough that it was coming past the seals? If so, it is possible that the pistons and/or the caliper were damaged.
        Can you push them back in by hand without opening the bleed screw?
        Is it just a little rub, or is it serious drag on the rotor? A little rub is normal.
        Did you get a GOOD bleed and ALL air out of the system? Gotta crack those banjo bolts with pressure on the lever, little pockets of air like to hide in there.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Yup. You forgot to install the brake pads.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

put it in the stand, seems to spin freely..just worried cause of how close they were, but the general opinion seems to be that its normal,, thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X