X

Need Bike Help ASAP Please!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Bike Help ASAP Please!!!!

Ok so my bike is my main transportation and I need it operational by wednesday morning. I have an 89 suzuki katana 600. The other night I noticed the back light was out completely so today I took off the cover/housing to take a look and noticed the plug was undone. When i plugged it back in and tried to start the bike to see, it did nothing. The headlight wont turn on, the oil light wont turn on and the bike doesnt even try to turn over when started. I connected it via jump cables and still nothing. Did I short something out? Do i need a new battery? When I turn the key nothing remotely happens. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I am updated for replies instantly so ask any questions needed and ill answer the best i can. thanks for your time ahead!!

Sounds like you've got a short circuit somewhere in the tail light wiring and blew the main fuse. If you're really lucky then you've got a circuit breaker that can be reset. (I can never remember which bikes have the circuit breaker and which have the fuse.) Unplug that connector again, replace the fuse/reset the breaker and see what you've got. If that fixes things then start following the taillight wiring, looking for a chafed spot that's grounding on the frame.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      Sounds like you've got a short circuit somewhere in the tail light wiring and blew the main fuse. If you're really lucky then you've got a circuit breaker that can be reset. (I can never remember which bikes have the circuit breaker and which have the fuse.) Unplug that connector again, replace the fuse/reset the breaker and see what you've got. If that fixes things then start following the taillight wiring, looking for a chafed spot that's grounding on the frame.
      Ok thank you Ill try that when i get home. Does it use the same fuse's as a car? Purchaseable at any auto parts store?

Comment

it sounds to me its that u ave fuse problem

Comment

Originally posted by timmonx View Post
          ...Does it use the same fuse's as a car? Purchaseable at any auto parts store?
          I don't remember. I've got an 1100 with a circuit breaker.

Anyone know offhand what an 89 600 has for the main circuit protection? Fuse or circuit breaker? If it's a fuse then what style fuse?
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

the 89 might have the circuit breaker, i know my 91 does, and the breaker is not shown on the wiring diagrams.. its on the right side of the bike along side or just in front of the battery.. check all fuses.. they are the mini blade style fuses..
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Yes, they use standard blade style fuses, however some years of the bike use a main breaker located in front of the battery and others use a 30A blade fuse for the main power.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X