X

750 handlebar risers (euro version)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 handlebar risers (euro version)

Hi guys, some time ago I posted a question about handlebars risers. Eventally I manged to buy 750 triple tree.

My question, I have an 06 Kat 600 US version, however the triple tree comes from 2004 750 euro version.

Somebody told me that American version had different triple tree (wider) then euro version, particularly from 2003-2006? Is that true or were they the same?

It would be pity if they wouldn't fit cause it's really hard to buy 750 triple tree here, especially from late models

I know that I can check US part numbers at ronayers.com but I have no clue were i can get info about euro version in order to compare them.

Thanks for any advice!

cheers,
    davepol

Originally posted by davepol View Post
    Hi guys, some time ago I posted a question about handlebars risers. Eventally I manged to buy 750 triple tree.

My question, I have an 06 Kat 600 US version, however the triple tree comes from 2004 750 euro version.

Somebody told me that American version had different triple tree (wider) then euro version, particularly from 2003-2006? Is that true or were they the same?

It would be pity if they wouldn't fit cause it's really hard to buy 750 triple tree here, especially from late models

I know that I can check US part numbers at ronayers.com but I have no clue were i can get info about euro version in order to compare them.

Thanks for any advice!

cheers,
    davepol
    I was under the impression all 03+ models would have the wider front end, not just US models.

Simple check... are your rotors flat or dished on the front wheel. Flat rotors means it's the wider fork version.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for tip Krey! I travelling right now, i'll check it as soon as i'll get home.

Comment

Is there a way to check if the euro version and the US version have the same number?

Comment

Originally posted by davepol View Post
          Is there a way to check if the euro version and the US version have the same number?

Same part number?

You would need to access a part listing for the specific country then compare that to a US parts listing, both useing the OEM parts numbers to compare by. While it's typical to refer to the bike as "US vs Euro" models, it's actually alot more complicated than that.

There are differences between the bikes for nearly every single country it was imported into by the factory dealerships. For example, the CAN vs US bikes have been found to have differences in a couple of spots like the timing advancer option... it's OEM on the CAN models, but retarded slightly for the US emmisions requirements.

It's certainly possible that UK models vs others sold in say Poland by factory dealers have slightly different options or requirements on the build.

I just don't see why suzuki would have left the triples the same on Euro bikes and changed them on the US models only though... but . Ussually differences have something to do with emmisions or requirements from the DOT... like spacing of the turn signals or something.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I think the Euro spec bikes are the same ones that went to canada. The only major difference were the US bikes with the emissions crap for cali.

I would suspect that otherwise, all 03+ bikes are the same.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for advice! That's really encouraging. I ordered 750 triple tree and it was about 300zl which is like $80. I was really glad to find one. Katriders is a great source of info, and it really makes it worth to ride a Katana or GSXF as some of us call them
              Thanks again!
              davepol

Comment

Working...
              X