X

2003 GSX600F Spark plug wire order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 GSX600F Spark plug wire order

My friend and I were doing spark plugs and we got a bit ahead of ourselves and did all the spark plugs at the same time. We no longer know how they go in, however the cables are numbered. We fired up the bike a couple times and it make a loud pop and doesn't quite idle properly. Anyone know the correct order the cables go on?

This is a for a 2003 GSX600F

Thanks!

The coil on the left (sitting on the bike) is for cylinders 1 & 4. The one on the right for 2&3. Either wire on the coil will work for either plug I believe as they both fire anyway, but one wire is usually longer.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Thanks for the response, I'm a little confused however because we have four wires in all. It sounds like in your response you are referring to just two wires. We just tried firing up the bike, from left to right we have them (as labeled), 1, 2, 3, 4. Does that seem right?

Comment

Maybe I didn't explain clearly enough, each coil has two wires, the wires on the left coil go to the outside cylinders #1 & #4. The coil on the right fires the inside cylinders which are #2 & #3. And the cylinders are from the left, sitting on the bike, 1,2,3 & 4. Hope that helps.
        Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Ok, you have a coil on the left side with 2 wires, for cylinders 1 and 4. You also have a coil on the left for cylinders 2 and 3, so you have 4 wires, 1 per plug. This is exactly what 5forty2 told you above.
          I would suggest re-labelling your 4 wires with the cylinder numbers 1 to 4, going from left to right, once you have them all plugged back on. Oh, and by the way, take the little screw nipples off the top of the plugs before you put them in, if your new plugs arrived with some on.
          My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Thanks for your response, I actually think it was already labeled for us as 1234 from left to right as the bike is running great now.

Comment

Good stuff, glad you had success with it all ! Now, get it out on those roads !!!
              My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Working...
              X