X

Won't Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romegg1 View Post
    I'm being a douche,when I'm fairly new on here and I come to a forum where I think everybody is pretty friendly and I get someone just being straight up rude. All he had to do was say go and read the sticky from the start and I would. But don't just jump on someone of the bat.
    No, you're being a douche for complaining about keyboard commandos, and then saying you'd like to meet someone in person to teach them a lesson. That's some of the biggest hypocrisy I've ever seen. Knock that crap off, and go test your spark, fuel, and air on your bike. Post back what you find.

Comment

I dont know about douche or not but Its hard for us to help you help yourself when youre hesitant to give away important information. Just remember, our bikes are running yours is not. Dont take any of this personal. it could be something simple, it usually is, ive been there. So tell us exactly what you experience to the last detail. If you dont we just have to guess. So this is my guess: your battery is weak and needs to be replaced.

Now its upt to you :

1. change your battery : It might help it might not
      2. give more details : we might figure out what exactly is the problem and you can fix it and know for sure it will help.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Thanks for all the help,I'm just saying all the guy had to do was say give more info and I would have done so. This is my first bike and my first time asking for mechanical help. I did not know what to ask. Since he's such a senior member he of all people should understand. My bad for not giving enough info,but don't just put someone down for not doing so. Thanks to all who did try to help. If I ever have any other questions I will know what to do next time

Comment

romegg1 what's the weather like down there? my 03 was a ***** to start this time of year with the cold. Even with the choke on full.
          Kyle

Comment

You are correct, I should have been more patient with you. When you read like 10 posts a day from people who say "my bike won't start" and give NO information, WTF do you want us to say? Did you try turning the key and pushing the button? Give me a break. How do you even begin to think the question you posted was even remotely close to getting you an answer. For all we know you could have a 1959 Katana 900 with T-tops. Most of the questions you have have already been answered 100's of times. Do you search for an answer? No, you post "my bike no worky".

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              You are correct, I should have been more patient with you. When you read like 10 posts a day from people who say "my bike won't start" and give NO information, WTF do you want us to say? Did you try turning the key and pushing the button? Give me a break. How do you even begin to think the question you posted was even remotely close to getting you an answer. For all we know you could have a 1959 Katana 900 with T-tops. Most of the questions you have have already been answered 100's of times. Do you search for an answer? No, you post "my bike no worky".
              Thanks for all your help man!!!

Originally posted by woobie View Post
              romegg1 what's the weather like down there? my 03 was a ***** to start this time of year with the cold. Even with the choke on full.

It was around low 40's
              Last edited by romegg1; 03-10-2012, 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm about a half hour ride from romegg and the weather was a little chilly today. Starting tomorrow though, we're supposed to get some really nice weather. It's even supposed to brush up into the 70s. Definitely time to get the bike running.

Romegg, I gotta say, if you'd been reading through the forum you'd know that's just how Arsenic is. You did ask a silly question and he gave you a silly answer. Now we're at 22 posts and none of us have a clue exactly what sort of symptoms you're having. All we know so far is that you've got an '05 600 and Baby's broke. I'm sure you're a great guy and you're really trying hard to get your bike running but we can't help without a whole lot more info.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  I'm about a half hour ride from romegg and the weather was a little chilly today. Starting tomorrow though, we're supposed to get some really nice weather. It's even supposed to brush up into the 70s. Definitely time to get the bike running.

Romegg, I gotta say, if you'd been reading through the forum you'd know that's just how Arsenic is. You did ask a silly question and he gave you a silly answer. Now we're at 22 posts and none of us have a clue exactly what sort of symptoms you're having. All we know so far is that you've got an '05 600 and Baby's broke. I'm sure you're a great guy and you're really trying hard to get your bike running but we can't help without a whole lot more info.
                  Yeah, this. All you have to do is a little work on your end to figure out which one you're missing, and we can help. Right now, we could tell you to check 500 things, but that would waste your time and ours.

Dood, here is a perfect example of a question to ask:

Originally posted by steviemac View Post
                  Hi guys,

Ok, I was driving along and all of a sudden the bike looses power and starts to sound like a lawn mower and then dies. Got it home and cyclinders 1-4 not firing (pipes cold). After investigating I found that there was no spark from the left ignition coil that fires 1-4 so I put a new coil on but still no spark. I then checked the new coil with the wires from 2-3 coil and it works. I'm getting 11.5 volts from the o/w wire and continuity from the other wire back to the ecu and now I don't know what to check next. So, to recap, coil is fine and getting power from the o/w wire and other wire gets continuity back to ecu but still no spark.. What next?
                  This, we can help with. Bike won't start, not much we can do with that.
                  Last edited by 05RedKat600; 03-10-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Read this one too... http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...66#post2169766
                    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I just found the thread when I had problem starting the bike. Notice how I state exactly what I did or did not do even with numbering. I didnt lie or try to hold any information back.

Also notice how easy it was for Red to pop in and tell me what to look for because he knew evey detail.

As I said people can only help you help yourself over the internet. In the end you have to do the work, you have to fix it, you have to spend the time.

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                        From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                        this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                        X