Speedometer reached 99999 and stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer reached 99999 and stopped

Hello KR members,
    I bought a gsx750f from 2000 with 89000Km 5 month ago, I reached the 99999 freeze last week.
    I have read a thead on a UK software suite puposed to fix the bug on this forum and I am wondering if some of you tried it?
    Thank you for your feedback.

From what I know, no one here has been able to "fix" the odometer. They either buy another odo, or another bike.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Or a bicycle computer.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Can anyone advise me on how to reset my digital speedometer distance meter now that it has frozen on 99999 ks ?
        I would have thought it would have returned back to zero after reaching 99999

my bike a 2004 GSXF 750 has done the same ,frozen at 99999 , have you any updated info as the way to reset the meter.?
        Last edited by steves; 02-28-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

It's illegal in the US, to tamper with an odometer.

If they can be changed, please don't post about it here.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by phil View Post
            Can anyone advise me on how to reset my digital speedometer distance meter now that it has frozen on 99999 ks ?
            I would have thought it would have returned back to zero after reaching 99999

Replacement.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That's one fast Kat! J/k.....I'm sure you meant odometer.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I know how to do it, but not gonna put it on the internet. Who cares how many miles are on it anyway?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Im gonna need to do this soon as well. Getting close to the 90,000km point.

If anyone wants to PM me the instructions how great.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Analog odometer FTW. Mine should be resetting to zero this season.
                    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      I know how to do it, but not gonna put it on the internet. Who cares how many miles are on it anyway?
                      not everyone wants to reset it for ilegal purposes
                      on one of my old bikes I used the odometer for tracking fuel and oil changes
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                        I didnt say they do. But doing it is a serious crime regardless of the reason for doing so.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                          on one of my old bikes I used the odometer for tracking fuel and oil changes
                          Doesn't the tripmeter still work even with the ODO maxed out?

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            I didnt say they do. But doing it is a serious crime regardless of the reason for doing so.
                            Only if you sell the bike and do not sidclose the actual mileage.
                            Here in Ontario you have to provide mileage when you renue you plates or register.

My shadow was in a wreck years ago and the speedo was replaced. I did not break any laws. I just have to tell the new oner the mileage before and after.
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                            X