Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

94 gsx750f, 13K, clutch still slips after new plates!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 gsx750f, 13K, clutch still slips after new plates!?!

Hi all, read lots of posts pertaining to clutches, pretty much typical symptoms sudden slippage @ powerband. Oil is fine, pulled the clutch pack replaced plates (EBC), checked springs all well over 1.5". Cable adjusted correctly. Rear brakes were rubbing (metal on metal) new pads & disc, caliper inner piston a bit stubborn returning home but freed up. Very slight drag on rear brake, easily rotates a couple turns when spun by hand. Double checked Castrol 4T Motorcycle oil 10w-40 comply's with wet clutch, was using valvoline vtwin 10w-40 last couple oil changes, local aps was out so I opted for castrol, about 2k miles on castrol 4t when clutch started slipping, old fibers plates had plenty of life left, metals were clean, no blueing or warpage.

I thought about pulling the clutch cover & adding another washer to each spring add a bit more pressure....

Any thoughts, would be much appreciated!!

- would rather be riding my KAT

Make sure your oil isn't overfilled. Check level in sight glass with the bike on the centerstand or being held vertical (off the sidestand).
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Replace the springs !
      you should replace the springs everytime to replace the plates. Afterall the springs are doing all the work.

Ive seen hundreds of springs that were toasted but still within specs length but I could compress them with my fingers.

EBC makes a great set of 10% stiffer springs. well worth the money.

I always tell everyone adjust the clutch push rod free play with the clutch cover removed. This way you can see and feel the drag on the pushrod. With the cover removed to can see if there is any tension on the push rod and it can be adjusted PERFECTLY with no messing around.
      Im running EBC CSK45 springs in my 98 750. The kit comes with 6 springs
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Very Strange Happenings....

clutch lever after adjustment has about an inch of play(flops around), Most likely needs a new cable stretched, but here's the wierd thing, every other ride, when I fire the bike up, clutch wants to slip, the first time I pulled the plastics & adjusted the clutch again, rode about 50 miles, next day fired her up no troubles rode about 50 more, the following day, clutch slipping again, WTF!! I really had some place to be, so I rode anyway. about a mile down the road clutch was fine no slip nice grab like it should, I would think if it's a weak spring issue it would slip all the time right??

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
          Replace the springs !
          ...Ive seen hundreds of springs that were toasted but still within specs length but I could compress them with my fingers...
          'Nuff said.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You replaced the steels but left the old friction plates in?

If contamination were your issue you'd need to replace the friction plates as the contaminants have likely soaked into the cork already.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

why anyone would replace clutch plates and not the springs is beyond me.... you do know your springs are what do 90% of the work right !
              Hard to fix the problem is you do first know the condition of the components your using

REPLACE THE SPRINGS
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
              X