Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

$$ valve adjustment, carb cleaning, and new valve cover gasket?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't blame a guy for hoping.

Comment

Whatta ya think I am, new?
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

hey, if you're as familiar with bible stuff as I am, chances are you'd be wrong. I'd try to find a bible and look that up, but that would require effort. And frankly, that violates my "I don't give a ****" policy.

Comment

So you're saying you're not familiar with the first book of the bible?

Genisis 4:8
          And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

My bike was in the shop before I started this thread. But no matter Arsenic was right. And after finding out all they did was spray carb cleaner thru em. And diddnt even adjust the valves he said they were dead on. That part I like to think is tru cause I adjusted them about a month ago but didn't know if I did it right. I believe I got , Got on the carb cleaning the total when / (if) its gets done is $575. What a waste of $

Comment

This is stated in EVERY carburetor listing I have:

PLEASE READ!
              When I rebuilt sets of carburetors at the dealership, prior to my accident. It was a 4-hour book job. 4 hours labor is $75 per hour, $85 if the carbs are over 10 years old. So, you’re looking at $300 to $340 in labor, plus parts. These carburetors have EVERY rubber part replaced: float bowl gaskets, needle valve o-rings, pilot jet plugs, etc. Making money at the dealership is about speed. Whether it takes me 20 minuets or 20 hours, I still get paid for a 4-hour job. I run a tap through EVERY hole on these carbs. Do you think I did that at the dealership? Not unless I absolutely had to. You think the dealership replaces all the gaskets and o-rings and stuff? Not unless we absolutely have to, or you tell us to. You think the dealership replaces the float bowl and diaphragm cover screws with stainless steel allens? No, certainly not. So, if you think this is expensive, I GUARANTEE it would cost more to have all this done to YOUR carbs by a dealership mechanic. My price includes all of the above AND the set of carburetors.

It's right again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                So you're saying you're not familiar with the first book of the bible?

Genisis 4:8
                And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
                I went to catholic school for 6 years and I paused to try to remember...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I went to catholic school from preschool though high school. I'm still recovering from that.

Comment

I went to public school and just read the bible once while I was in HS. Got hit with a ruler a lot less that way.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I actually read the whole thing? I've never done that.

Comment

That's because you were being told to. I read it because I was tired of evangelicals telling me what it said and then finding out they were full of it. Saved time in the long run.

Gotta admit though, I skimmed through the Begats pretty quick.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hey MopedMafia, did you ever get your bike back?!?!? I've been following this thread for a few days and was just curious..... Its Tuesday now..... If you did, let us know how its running now! Good luck to you man!!

Comment

So I went and got my bike back today finally it was done. The total i paid was $ 575 with 2 carb kits, 2 new float needles, new valve cover gasket, and a few o rings. Not to mention 3 weeks without my bike luckily I have a Harley also or I would of went crazy. But I got the bike home and they had said it was spilling fuel out of the carb vents so I figured I will change the oil and filter. That's when I notice 7 of the about 15 screws that hold the fairings and wind screen on we're missing. The ones they did put back They had in the wrong places. And there were black smudges of grease on the bike. Also when I dropped the bike off I gave him a new turn signal generator cover gasket, and new plug well gaskets it was leaking out of the plug well drain hole. But I'm looking at my generator cover gasket and it looks very suspiciously like the old one. I am going to go ask him if he used it but I don't think he did. But I have my bike back and it runs real good. So live and learn I guess. I will b going arsenic's route next time. He also said when I throw on my delkevic slip on. I can bring it by and he will tune it for me. I think I will just do a search here to see what needs to b done fair the slip on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mopedmafia View Post
                              So I went and got my bike back today finally it was done. The total i paid was $ 575 with 2 carb kits, 2 new float needles, new valve cover gasket, and a few o rings. Not to mention 3 weeks without my bike luckily I have a Harley also or I would of went crazy. But I got the bike home and they had said it was spilling fuel out of the carb vents so I figured I will change the oil and filter. That's when I notice 7 of the about 15 screws that hold the fairings and wind screen on we're missing. The ones they did put back They had in the wrong places. And there were black smudges of grease on the bike. Also when I dropped the bike off I gave him a new turn signal generator cover gasket, and new plug well gaskets it was leaking out of the plug well drain hole. But I'm looking at my generator cover gasket and it looks very suspiciously like the old one. I am going to go ask him if he used it but I don't think he did. But I have my bike back and it runs real good. So live and learn I guess. I will b going arsenic's route next time. He also said when I throw on my delkevic slip on. I can bring it by and he will tune it for me. I think I will just do a search here to see what needs to b done fair the slip on.
                              Which Delk? I've got the shorty Tri-Oval on mine. You will need a Factory Pro Stage 1 kit. About 130 shipped from Ebay.

Comment

It's a 9 inch oval can found it on eBay around $140-$150 I think. on the listing it says it is not for road use. And i guess it has no baffle. so It should b able to **** the neighbors off. No problem. "the guy" at that shop said since its not a full exhaust it wldnt need a jet kit. The listing says " no need for remapping or rejecting" so I figure it will need one.

Comment

Working...
                                X