X

Clutch issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch issues

Ok i might be off but its been a while since i rode a bike but i was sure that when you press the clutch lever in it should dis-engage my gear. so i bought new cable and also new worm drive. and no matter were i set the adjustment screws when i press the clutch in while in first gear the bike want to charge forward now as far as i remeber that shouldn't be the case it suppose to activate first gear until i release the lever.

am i wrong or right and if i'm right what is going on with this bike thanks
    manny

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
    >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

If the bake has sat for a while the clutch may be locked up.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Does it lurch forward and then die? It might be the kickstand switch needs to be bypassed. There is always a jump when you put it in first even with the clutch in. Put it on a center stand, and then put it in gear. If the wheel keeps spinning with the clutch in, you'll know it's a clutch issue. If it dies, you'll know it's a kickstand switch issue.

Comment

Working...
      X