X

Got a question about the 92 Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a question about the 92 Kat 750

I have reached out to a couple of folk already but the more the merrier on this issue i am having.
    Ok I put new spark plugs in my bike because i was told I might not be getting a good spark to start the bike.

NOW

here is the new dilema for the GSX 92 750 Kat.

Ok, the bike finally started up. The bike will actually rev up when I turn the throttle, but it will not rev up or even stay running when the choke is turned off.
    It starts up everytime I crank it on choke but not off the choke, even after it has been running for a while.
    I changed the spark plugs. My only thing I can think of is maybe it was some junk in the tank?
    It looked clean to me. Plus remember I just had the petcock rebuilt and cleaned the carbs following all the instuctions from the stickys on this site.
    So I am lost in trying to get it to running right. I have been at it for at least two years and now Im stuck.

Also I have been messing with the idle screw, I dont know which way is turning it up or down with the idle screw. Someone mentioned that the carbs may be out of sync for the reason of not running off the choke. I know I need to snyc the carbs. Maybe the a/f screws are off too? I put them back as they were when I cleaned the carbs.

I dont know... so what I am going to do is take off the carbs again and check in everything. I will also use a make shift gas tank instead of the regular tank to make sure it is not the tank that put garbage in the carbs. The tank is old but I have not stored it with anything in the gas tank over the years it sat. It looked clean when I put it on.

Maybe someone can chime in and walk me through getting this bike on the road. PLEASE!!!

Ask me questions if you will or what ever you can. I have tried all sources I have so I am now asking for help.
    1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
    1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
    1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
    2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Have you cleaned the pilot jets properly as this is what the bike runs on during tickover, I had the same issue a couple of years ago and found that the pilot jets were all gummed up. Now it runs perfect.

Comment

You're not getting fuel through the pilot circuit. Evidence of this is that even when warmed up by starting and running with the choke (It's actually an enrichment circuit that adds more fuel instead of blocking the air intake to richen the mix.) the bike won't idle.

Pull the carbs, remove the pilot jets and A/F screws. Make sure you get the springs, washers and o-rings out with the A/F screws. Make sure you can spray carb cleaner through each of the pilot jets and through the passages going to the A/F screw cavities and from there to the carb throats. If you can, then dry everything off with compressed air and reassemble. Set the A/F screws to 2.5 turns out. (Carbs 101 calls for the stock setting of 1.75 turns which is too lean.) You set the A/F screws by screwing them all the way in until they seat (Not tight. You don't want to distort them or kill the o-ring.) and then back them out those 2.5 turns. I put a dot at one end of the screw slot to help keep track. Don't forget the plugs over the pilot jets. You need them.

Screw the idle adjuster in against the spring until it touches the throttle and just starts moving the butterflies. (About a half turn after it contacts.)

Before bolting the carbs back up (Connect the airbox and throttle cable first.) be sure you bench-sync them carefully. That should have things good enough to run. You'll still need to do a vacuum sync as soon as the bike's warmed up, of course.
      Last edited by Wild-Bill; 02-10-2012, 06:42 AM.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Bill just said everything I would have.

Comment

Did anyone mention cleaning the pilot circuit yet?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            Bill just said everything I would have.
            No, you would have gone on for a while... :bunny2
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              No, you would have gone on for a while... :bunny2
              No I wouldn't have. I would have just said "clean the pilot jets".

Comment

thanks guys...Ill do it all and report back next week unless I see other problems... and probably clean out this dang tank.... Heck cause I did all that cleaning(remember Arsenic) and then put that dang tank on and got it clogged back again. (crap) oh well back to the drawing board.....

Thanks again for all everyone
                1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Working...
                X