X

sodding screws :L

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sodding screws :L

my bikes a bit of an old girl and is used in all weathers and stored outside

old age and corrosion have done their part and one of my carb clamps screws in knackered the clamps fine but the screw is dead :L
    i have been through every screw and bolt i could find and nothing fits due to the thread pitch angle

i need to know the thead size of the screw on the carb clamp so i can replace it

anyone know the spec ?

Originally posted by fireyphoenix1989 View Post
    my bikes a bit of an old girl and is used in all weathers and stored outside

old age and corrosion have done their part and one of my carb clamps screws in knackered the clamps fine but the screw is dead :L
    i have been through every screw and bolt i could find and nothing fits due to the thread pitch angle

i need to know the thead size of the screw on the carb clamp so i can replace it

anyone know the spec ?
    I'll double check when I get home if Chris or someone hasn't already answered. I have a box of stainless hex heads I use now to swap all those out with, and use a long allen socket to remove them with. No more buggering the heads with the phillips.

My initial though is that it's standard thread pitch for 4mm metric... But I will check the size.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

..........just checked my 750 carb rubber clamps.........standard M4 x 25mm long

Note to ones self...........replace them with cap heads
      Last edited by ofb; 01-28-2012, 09:47 AM.
      Toys.........
      1985 LT250 - modified
      1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
      2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
      2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

Okay, the OP was asking about tread pitch. The answer is 4mm (diameter) x 25mm (length). Is it M4 x .7 - 25mm or M4 x .75 - 25mm? Way to answer that one. Since you say "standard" I'm guessing M4 x .7?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          Okay, the OP was asking about tread pitch. The answer is 4mm (diameter) x 25mm (length). Is it M4 x .7 - 25mm or M4 x .75 - 25mm? Way to answer that one. Since you say "standard" I'm guessing M4 x .7?

ISO specifications list m4 with .7 pitch standard, and M4.5 with .75 pitch standard.

Jus sayn...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yep..........common old M4x0.7 ..........standard ISO [ there is no fine at this size ]
            Toys.........
            1985 LT250 - modified

Comment

When you replace them with the cap heads-
              Harbor Freight sells a set of 3/8" drive Allens that are about 4 inches long. GREAT for working on bikes.

Best $7 I ever spent to work on the Kawi with.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
                When you replace them with the cap heads-
                Harbor Freight sells a set of 3/8" drive Allens that are about 4 inches long. GREAT for working on bikes.

Best $7 I ever spent to work on the Kawi with.
                I'm planning on getting a set for each bike to keep on them...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

might have to get some shipped over hardware and mechanical stores over here suck (uk) in general

thanks guys i can at least replace them with some hex bolts now
                  took me a min to work out what you guys were on about as just about half the tools and fasteners have a different name lol and almost all my bolts are in imperial measurements need to go buy a mix of metric"s

Comment

It was nice of work to stock M4 x 25 capheads.............so thats what mines going to be sporting
                    Toys.........
                    1985 LT250 - modified

Comment

Working...
                    X