X

getting my kat running again..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting my kat running again..

I recently dropped my 2006 750 Katana, kinda bummed bout it.

On the right side of the bike, I cracked the generator cover, where can I find another one?

Also, what things should I inspect before I ride her again? Let you know I was riding, lost it around a bend and had to lay her down going around 30.

Thanks.
    Last edited by shift6; 12-13-2011, 08:44 PM.

EBay is good start.

Comment

Do you want that too never happen again?
      NRC Right Engine Cover

Comment

getting my kat running again..

that nrc cover looks awesome, ill def get one of thoses..

does it include the gasket? I cant tell?

If that cover is cracked, what is the likely hood that I could of broke whatever is underneath that cover?

Comment

No, you need a gasket also. The likelihood that the signal generator broke is slim to none. They know that cover breaks, that's why it's there. They wouldn't put anything important directly under it.

Comment

question, as I mentioned I cracked my right engine cover. Oil leaked all over the place out of that cracked cover, does this sound normal? Is the signal generator immersed in oil?

Comment

There is normally a teaspoonful amount of oil under that cover - check to make sure the oil pressure switch wasn't damaged.
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

can someone fill me in..

What is an oil pressure switch, where is it located?

How do you go about confirming it is not damaged?

Comment

Comment

Look at the right side of the engine, towards the front. You should find a plug screwed into the case with one wire going to it. That's the oil pressure switch. IIRC, Low pressure should allow the switch to close, connecting the wire to ground. When you've got oil pressure the switch opens, interrupting the circuit. If you take the wire off the switch terminal it should have 12v (or a little less) when the ignition is on and should go straight to the warning light on the dash.

If you unscrew the switch from the case you can expect a mess since it goes into the pressurized side of the oil galley.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                    X