No announcement yet.
X

carb dip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from a vapor standpoint.. its probably not much better cause your boiling a fairly strong acid. i guess from the disposal ya sure it sounds good because you can just dump it down the drain.

i still rather stick with chemicals designed to clean carburetors
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

On a positive note, Pine-Sol has now been upgraded to the second dumbest thing I've heard.

Comment

Wow; fast responses! I just finished my next post before I saw these two. So, if using Berryman's, what do you all use when working? Face masks like the ones in hospitals? Or respirators? Or nothing? Also, how do you dispose of the stuff when you are done?
        Extra life.

Comment

i clean about 1-2 carbs a day. i don't even use gloves! (that could be why my hands are screwed lol) tho i don't use berry-mans. i soak the jets in pro Honda carb cleaner and spray the naked bodies down with the same. then use compressed air to clean the cleaner

i have used a chem dip before and personally don't like it (may have been just that dip) but it is recommended to use gloves.. use it in a well ventilated place
          if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Nothing, it doesn't smell, I can't even tell when the can is open. To dispose of it, I fill the can with oil dry to soak up all the liquid, and than throw the oil dry out. The problem is you can't dispose of liquid. If it's just used up oil dry, no one cares. Is that bad for the environment, I don't know. I do know I don't care.

Comment

@Boomer95 - You make some good points about the vapor and hands. I can get plenty of gloves from my other job, so I don't think will be an issue. But, the vapors...maybe I should just stick with stuff designed to clean carburetors. They both (chem dip and lemon juice) would be used outside anyway. Maybe, it wouldn't make any difference. I'll do more research into disposal of stuff like that around my way.

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Nothing, it doesn't smell, I can't even tell when the can is open. To dispose of it, I fill the can with oil dry to soak up all the liquid, and than throw the oil dry out. The problem is you can't dispose of liquid. If it's just used up oil dry, no one cares. Is that bad for the environment, I don't know. I do know I don't care.
              Ahhhh, thanks Arsenic
              Last edited by rockat; 06-30-2012, 07:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
                @Boomer95 - You make some good points about the vapor and hands. I can get plenty of gloves from my other job, so I don't think will be an issue. But, the vapors...maybe I should just stick with stuff designed to clean carburetors. They both (chem dip and lemon juice) would be used outside anyway. Maybe, it wouldn't make any difference. I'll do more research into disposal of stuff like that around my way.

Ahhhh, thanks Arsenic
                Carb dip you seal the can and re-use it later.

Excess left overs of spray and such can be collected in bottles with other waistes like motor oil, and recycled at your local auto store. Auto Zone and Advance both offer free recycling services for example.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks. You saved me a few phone calls.
                  Extra life.

Comment

Working...
                  X