X

2 different clutches, same part #

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 different clutches, same part #

I was looking into replacing my clutch plates over the winter in my 92 600. I checked cheapcycle (ronayers says 88-97 are the same, everyone else says 92-97 are different, but thats another ?) and found the part # is 21441-20c00. While searching I found 2 sets of plates with the same # but one set has 12 teeth and the other has 48. So whats the deal. Is one wright or is one better .
    Attached Files
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Brand differences... about it. Not really an issue of one being better than the other.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thats what I needed to hear, thanks krey. With both having the suzuki oem stickers on them I guess it just shows that suzuki goes with the lowest bidder like the rest of the world.

Comment

Actually... hold on. I was double checking my memory and it would seem I was thinking the 750s.

It does look like the 600 has 2 different clutch baskets possible... but the 750 seems to be all the same.

88-91 models... some of the clutch baskets appear to be slotted 12 slots. 92+ are not slotted, but look like they need the 42 teeth.

Might want to double check your bike before order and place the order by phone confirming what your getting.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok. I'll tear it down and double check before ordering. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
            Ok. I'll tear it down and double check before ordering. Thanks.

Check your model number, that should tell you what clutch you have in the bike. Models J K L or M should use the 12 slotted 21441-37400 part #, and the N, P, R, S, And T models should use the 21441-20C00 part #. The concern I would have for your situation is that it's not uncommon to see exceptions of "year" that close to the switch over.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

I have a n model (92) the issue is both of those clutch plates pictured have the 21441-20c00 part number. Thats what got me confused. I love my kat but am really starting to hate the 92 year. too many internal change overs, clutch, valves etc...
              Guess it just makes it more of a challenge which is why I ought a project bike in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
                I have a n model (92) the issue is both of those clutch plates pictured have the 21441-20c00 part number. Thats what got me confused. I love my kat but am really starting to hate the 92 year. too many internal change overs, clutch, valves etc...
                Guess it just makes it more of a challenge which is why I ought a project bike in the first place.

yeah, you have to check the title of the fiche to help reduce the confusion... as it specifies the model letters it applies to.

The fiche for parts for the 88-91 model is available in all of the 88-97 year listings... even though the fiche specifically has the model number for just 88-91.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                X