I Came Across This Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Came Across This Today

Has anyone here tried one?

Seal Mate has helped fix leaking fork seals on over 100,000 motorcycles worldwide. We guarantee it will fix your leaky seals or we'll refund you in full. FREE USA Shipping.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Had something similar, all it does is clean the dirt out from around the seal. If the seal is shot, this won't do anything. Used regularly it can lengthen the life, but it can't fix a busted seal, only clean them.

Comment

That's what I figured, and my seals are fine. I just thought it would be a neat tool to add to the box.
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        That's what I figured, and my seals are fine. I just thought it would be a neat tool to add to the box.
        Do you or your wife use plastic cutting mats in the kitchen? Once they are worn out, you can cut them to do the same thing.

Comment

Film, like from a film camera.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
            Do you or your wife use plastic cutting mats in the kitchen? Once they are worn out, you can cut them to do the same thing.
            I'm not sure what a cutting mat is, but I've been divorced for 13 years and I know there's not going to be a wife in the kitchen anytime soon.

Originally posted by thetable View Post
            All good advice!
            Last edited by Slofuze; 11-09-2011, 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              I'm not sure what a cutting mat is, but I've been divorced for 13 years and I know there's not going to be a wife in the kitchen anytime soon.

All good advice!
              Oops, sorry, my bad.

These are what I was referring to.
              [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chop-Flexible-Cutting-Mat-18/dp/B0000VLJAY"]Amazon.com: Chop & Chop Flexible Cutting Mat - 18 × 24: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                You find that next to washboards at the general store?
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

^ You learn something every day.
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Cool tool. I think I'll pick one up, thanks Nino! I'll add it to the growing collection of gadgets I have found to be helpful over the years...

Comment

they worked for me i had a fork seal leaking when i bought my kat did its job and i was suprised just how much dirt was in the seals. I went ahead and cleaned my dust seals too on both forks. total time spent was about 10 min.

Comment

Originally posted by blackonblacksvt03 View Post
                        they worked for me i had a fork seal leaking when i bought my kat did its job and i was suprised just how much dirt was in the seals. I went ahead and cleaned my dust seals too on both forks. total time spent was about 10 min.
                        Great...... someone's used one. I just thought it would be nice to have, and they're cheap.
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

like i said its a 10 dollar shot in the dark vs pulling the forks pulling them apart replacing the seals putting them back in

Comment

Working...
                          X