X

What goes here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes here?

I was looking at the bikebandit website for parts, and particularly the carburetor diagram. The port circled in the picture, doesnt seem to be capped in the diagram, but I feel like if it isnt capped it will be a vacuum leak. Am I wrong?
    Attached Files

Nothing goes there. Except on the #4 carb. The vacuum hose goes there. Did you buy those as a "rebuilt" set? Or did you "rebuild" them? There are a few spots of fail there. Like the idle adjuster assembly, there are two clip, neither of them are that thing. And the clip for the vacuum hose. That goes on the #3 diaphragm cover, not the number 4. This is how they should look (granted the ones in my photo are 600 cabs and yours are 750). That stuff is the same.
    Last edited by arsenic; 10-27-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      Nothing goes there. Except on the #4 carb. The vacuum hose goes there. Did you buy those as a "rebuilt" set? Or did you "rebuild" them? There are a few spots of fail there. Like the idle adjuster assembly, there are two clip, neither of them are that thing. And the clip for the vacuum hose. That goes on the #3 diaphragm cover, not the number 4. This is how they should look (granted the ones in my photo are 600 cabs and yours are 750). That stuff is the same.
      That is a carb expert talking to you. Trust the advice.

Comment

Does anyone know where that thing that is being used for an idle assembly clip is really supposed to go? Cause I do. Oh, and the float bowl drain screws are backwards. The two inside screws should be the two outside screws. And the two outside should be the two inside screws.
        Last edited by arsenic; 10-28-2011, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know where that thing that is being used for an idle assembly clip is really supposed to go? Cause I do. Oh, and the float bowl drain screws are backwards. The two inside screws should be the two outside screws. And the two outside should be the two inside screws.
          It looks like one of the little bendy metal tabs that they use to hold wiring and hoses, but I don't know where that one is supposed to be, or what it's supposed to be holding.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

On the upper bracket, look at the outside screw on the 4th carb.

Comment

I bought them off the bike, having been kind of hacked together from what I was told. That picture was taken when I had it off the bike, mostly apart. The bowls have since been put on their proper carbs, the idle adjuster locator clip thing has been also installed, so they sit nicely. But I have been capping those nobs, which I am wondering if that could have caused a high idle. I thought they should have been, because they have vacuum, and I didn't want to have a leak.

I never got to see these on the bike working, everything in their place, so I am trying to figure everything out for myself.

Comment

So today i found that my #1 carbs float bowl drain screw was leaking gas outta it just out of the blue...not just a few drops but steady coming out!
                I read this and noticed that my screws were on backwards too!
                The ones on the outside are shorter than the ones in the middle, would that make much of a problem?
                I wouldnt think so being that it has NEVER leaked before and just now started doing so, I even put some plumbers tape on the threads but its still pouring, and not outta the hole, out of the side of the screw!

Comment

Originally posted by plexlove View Post
                  So today i found that my #1 carbs float bowl drain screw was leaking gas outta it just out of the blue...not just a few drops but steady coming out!
                  I read this and noticed that my screws were on backwards too!
                  The ones on the outside are shorter than the ones in the middle, would that make much of a problem?
                  I wouldnt think so being that it has NEVER leaked before and just now started doing so, I even put some plumbers tape on the threads but its still pouring, and not outta the hole, out of the side of the screw!
                  Mangled threads, maybe? Do you have a spare bowl and screw around?
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

No i dont have a spare anywhere....The threads looked good and it screwed in easy and smooth. But the tip did have about half of it grooved off...idk how that would even happen but it still makes no sense to me how it just started out of the blue!

Comment

Working...
                    X