No announcement yet.
X

Exhaust Smoke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks alot that makes me feel so much better!
    94' gsx600f

Comment

Alright so in an attempt to reduce what i thought was the bike running rich i adjusted all the a/f screws to 1.75 turns. But now i believe the bike is leaning out because it barely runs with the choke completely off, and also no matter were i set the idle adjustment screw the engine surges when given throttle... so should i just set the a/f screws to about 2-2.25? or what?
      94' gsx600f

Comment

2.5, make that 726 times I've said that.

Comment

If it smokes noticeably while it's running, then you're probably burning oil. Maybe an exhaust valve seal? If it was running rich it would make black smoke, and the exhaust would make your eyes water. Give it a compression test to check the rings. If that's good, then pull the carbs and the header and take a look inside the ports. If you've got a badly leaking seal, you'll probably be able to see where oil is staining the port as it burns off.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Have you driven the bike at all? Didn't know if its been sitting... When I first started working on mine it was doing that, when I finally got it running somewhat and could crack the throttle nothing but mouse poo and nesting came flying out...

Comment

Originally posted by Balindir View Post
              Alright so in an attempt to reduce what i thought was the bike running rich i adjusted all the a/f screws to 1.75 turns. But now i believe the bike is leaning out because it barely runs with the choke completely off, and also no matter were i set the idle adjustment screw the engine surges when given throttle... so should i just set the a/f screws to about 2-2.25? or what?
              You ever sync the carbs on this or check the valves? Those will cause idle issues as well.

Comment

Alright i put the a/f to 1.75 because thats what carbs 101 says...sorry arsenic. The bike has been sitting, and needs an oil change so i will see if that helps anything at all, and maybe once its running awhile it may work its self out as far as the smoking goes. Sync is on its way, and i haven't checked the valves. I'll let you guys know...Thanks all!
                94' gsx600f

Comment

Working...
                X