X

Crashed katana wont start.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed katana wont start.

Layed down motorcycle at low speed around 15 mph.

It slid for 5-6 feet on its left side. Only cosmetic damage from what I can see.

I tried to start it but It will only crank, wont fire.

What could cause a motorcycle to not start after a crash like mine?

There are multiple saftey switches on the left side of the bike. Do a board search for info, find them, inspect them, fix them if needed.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

...but both clutch and side stand switch would prevent it from cranking right?
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
        ...but both clutch and side stand switch would prevent it from cranking right?
        Indeed.

Comment

Right, if it's cranking it's not a safety switch.

Comment

Think basics first. Three basic things that make a motor run. Fuel, Air, and Fire. Make sure you have spark at your plugs and go from there. I know on my bike, not sure how it is on all Katanas, the ignitor is on the left side, so if that took a shot, that can mess up spark. The fuel petcock is also on the left side, so that could mess up your fuel delivery.

Comment

Working...
            X