No announcement yet.
X

88 katana 600 starting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, the 4-1 refers to an exhaust that goes from the 4 cylinders to one exhaust pipe/muffler. The stock setup is a 4-2, with the 4 header pipes going down under the engine, to a collector and then out to both sides of the bike to 2 mufflers.

A 4-1 exhaust gets you about a 5% HP increase at the cost of being louder and losing a little torque so it's a pretty common add-on. If that's what you have then hit e-bay or your local parts yard for a replacement muffler. You can use just about anything off a 600-750 bike as long as you get one with an adjustable band around it to attach to the rear footpeg bracket.. If you've got the stock exhaust header then you're looking at needing two mufflers and your best bet is going to be to find a pair of stock mufflers either on ebay or here in one of the parts-for-sale threads.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i know that he used to have a single muffler on the right side of the bike. so i know he had aftermarket on it. so i should be able to find one easily then?

Comment

Well, maybe. It may involve some welding or it may not. It really depends on if the PO did the Post conversion or if it's a Vance and HInes system...Pics would help a lot.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=292720137422645&set=a.2876439279302 66.83675.100000539829485&type=1&ref=nf[/URL]

it wont load my pics so i posted a link to a pic
          Last edited by tuner; 10-18-2011, 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It already has a Vance and Hines muffler on it? Why would you want to replace it?

Looks ike this forum won't do Facebook photos, so you'll neecd to use Photobucket or Imageshack or something like that.

Comment

he sold the muffler off it. so it has just open header right now

Comment

Working...
              X