X

gsx exhaust?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsx exhaust?

I was wondering if a vance and hines system off of a 1989 gsx 750 would fit my 1993 gsxf 750? I already bought it and didnt notice that it was from a gsx. I am a little confused because the online microfiches do not show a difference in stock exhaust, but vance and hines has two different systems for the two bikes. thanks

I thought the last year for the GSX750 was 1987.....hmmm.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but the GSX motors are the old air cooled ones from way back so I doubt it will fit.

Now if you mean the exhaust came off a 1989 Katana 750, they're the same from 89-97 so you'd be alright.

Comment

Im thinking 89' GSXR 750
      Let us know if it fits..
      Oil pan clearance is the possible issue.
      I think the Kat pan is different than the GSXR

Comment

i am pretty sure i have seen some 93 gsx on ebay, looks like the gs, they are something like gsx1100 G.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Not too sure. I can't remember an 1100 other than the gsx-r and the Katana for 1993.

Comment

there is a 1993 gsx100G

another but a 1991 model

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Ohhhhhh

That is a GSX1100G
              A sort of tourer/standard thingie..
              It has a de-tuned GSXR1100 engine...
              I have no idea why that person added the Katana
              name to it..

Second one is the same thing.. Again don't know why they added the R... That tank...

Comment

that wind screen gets me too, crazy what people do, but hey different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Oh my, I remember that now......I was probably just trying to block it's memory out...

Did it come in a 750 too...

Comment

Well recieved the exhaust today, now i am wondering if at the part of the headers where the exhaust connects to the engine; why does it look so different than the stock, almost like the header mounts are further from the engine? does anyone use the supersport exhaust on a 750? thanks

Comment

from what i take it isn't specifically made for your 1993 katana, so there is going to be a variance. where it connects to engine might be different because i think the gsx were air cooled only, so they had some type of cooling fin design clamps. Atleast that is how my roomates gs is.

Comment

the exhaust is off a 89 katana, same engine size and everything, i was wondering if anyone has put this system on and had any complications with the install?

Comment

Working...
                        X