X

93 Kat 600 Carb needle questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Kat 600 Carb needle questions

I started cleaning the carbs today and bench synced them with a depth gauge while they were out. What is the stock position that the E-clip goes on the needle? The prevous owner has them in different positions and the a/f screws were all set a different amount of turns out. How can I tell if it is a jet kit or not?

I read carbs 101 before taking them apart some, but the manual just says remember where the eclip goes on the needle.

Eh, how many clip slots do the needles have? A/F screws should be 2.5 turns out with stock needles. With a jet kit you follow the instructions for the kit.
    Last edited by 05RedKat600; 10-03-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

The scews I set all of them to 2.5 turns out and it helped a lot.

The needles have 6 slots for the eclip and the previous owner has it on the Eclip 2 slots from the top on the 4th slot. Which one do you think I should put it on? I believe its a jet kit from the needles having so many slots but cannot find numbers on the jets. I am not sure if he just put in more adjustable needles with stock jets or tried to piece together a jet kit.

Comment

It's a Dynojet kit.

Comment

Start with needles at 3rd from the top, 2.5 turns out. If you have an aftermarket exhaust you will probably have to fiddle with both settings, I had to on my 93 600.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Appreciate it guys, I will try it on Wednesday because I have an A&P and Microbiology test to prepare for tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

The previous owner said he purchased the bike with a full yoshi exhaust but opted for a quieter stock one. He was trying to run the stock one with K&N pod filters. With changing the throttle screws to 2.5 turns out and bench syncing it with a depth gauge I feel like I am close, I believe playing with the needles should be enough.

Comment

Do you still have the pod filters? Cause if you do, you aren't close and never will be. Jus' sayin'

Comment

No I have the stock airbox and boots mounted to the carbs along with a new air filter.

No I have the stock airbox and boots mounted to the carbs along with a new air filter.

The air filter is similar to the stock one and is not a hi flow one.
                Last edited by Daemontrym; 10-03-2011, 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Im pretty sure this is where I ended up with mine:

Needles raised one slot
                  A/f screws at 2.75
                  one up mains

1993 600 with yoshi 4-1 and uni foam replacement filter.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

When this post was made I only took out 1 needle assuming the rest were the same. After having some time this morning to try the setups advised in the thread I think I found my main problem. 1 carb has a needle that is totally different from the rest. So now I am wondering if Arsenic is willing to part with a set of stock needles and main jets.

It floors me what some owners do when they have a forum full of great information that also supplies you with a service manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
                      So now I am wondering if Arsenic is willing to part with a set of stock needles and main jets.
                      I can do that, send me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X