X

Steering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering

My buddy rode my bike the other day and he has a 2005 gsxr 600 and said that my steering is way F'ed up. he said he is to loose. How do you fix this problem.

Yeah, a Katana compared to a 2005 GSXR would feel that way. Chances are there isn't anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by eksessiv View Post
      My buddy rode my bike the other day and he has a 2005 gsxr 600 and said that my steering is way F'ed up. he said he is to loose. How do you fix this problem.
      Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      Yeah, a Katana compared to a 2005 GSXR would feel that way. Chances are there isn't anything wrong.
      What Arsenic said. That's like comparing a Pinto against a Ferrari. You can't.

Comment

ok. so there probably isnt anything wrong at all and hes just used to his. thanks, i appreciate it.

Comment

I agree with the previous answers, but I feel compelled to suggest you ask what he meant. It's possible that there is a problem. At least check things like the stem bearings for play, put the bike on the center stand and check the rear suspension/swingarm. They were right that the two bikes don't compare, but it's also possible that there is a problem, and being on two wheels, it's worth doing a little checking.

Comment

ok. that is true. never want that possible iffy on there

Comment

'05 Gsxr's have steering dampeners, Katana's don't.. that might be the 'loose' feeling he was referring to when he rode your bike, he's used to his with the dampener.
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

And a front suspension that 25 years newer and 50 years better.

Comment

Check the normal culprits (steering and rear suspension bearings). The Katana is going to feel very different at the bars compared to something with very different chassis geometry and a steering damper, though, so if everything checks out then I wouldn't worry about it much.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                  X