No announcement yet.
X

1996 Kat 600 Fuel filter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just letting you know. The carb service you pay the "pros" for, usually isn't worth a damn. If you want exceptional, rebuilt carbs, let me know what you need. I'm gonna guess 96 600.
    carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97
    Last edited by arsenic; 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I'd be down another $150 than the carb cleaning/sync, and I'd still have to sync those after they're on. Otherwise I'd hop right on that deal.

EDIT: that's assuming the prices i've heard about locally
      Last edited by zenxr; 10-01-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

You don't understand. A shop's carb cleaning doesn't do doodly squat. A little spray here, little spray there, and they call it done.

Comment

I don't understand why an "in tank" filter will work but a "in line" filter won't? What's the difference the filter media?The height difference is practically zero so the pressure is the same. See if you can get just a screen in line filter or maybe a Pingel fuel filter?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Dylan View Post
            I don't understand why an "in tank" filter will work but a "in line" filter won't? What's the difference the filter media?The height difference is practically zero so the pressure is the same. See if you can get just a screen in line filter or maybe a Pingel fuel filter?
            Surface area and flow rate. Feeding 4 carbs is hard enough, then you add restriction to it. Seriously, don't use filters on Pre Kats.

I this case, pressure doesn't matter, it's flow rate.

Comment

I'll be attempting to clean the carbs myself following the carbs101 from the wiki. If I fail, you can be sure I'll buy your carbs arsenic.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Dylan View Post
                  There really isn't an "intank filter". It's a basic small screen, not an actual filter. It catches large stuff, but nothing else.

The other thing to think about is that there are 2 fuel outlets on the pre petcock, instead of one like on most of the bikes that use in line filters. The pressure is reduced because there is multiple outlets.
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

The post kat inline "filter" is also... just a screen.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X