X

clutch bolt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch bolt?

ok on my 2000 750 when i go to replace the clutch i take off the clutch cover (the right side with the peep-hole). take out the springs, then the pressure plate(is the bolt holding the pressure plate on the one that is tricky to get off without the tool?) then remove the clutchs then replace clutchs cork, steel, cork, steel and so-on. put pressure plate back on then the new springs (just snug not tight) then a new gasket and the cover and im done. correct me if im wrong but from youtube and the haynes manual i think thats it. is there any spacers or bearings that will come out that i need to look for and any tips for doing it without an impact and draining the oil? thanks
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

No, you are thinking of the front sprocket bolt I think. The clutch bolts are easy to get off. I don't think you can do that job without draining the oil unless you lay your bike down on the left side and sit on it while you work. Other than that, it sounds like you've got all the steps down.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

i thaught you only had to take off the one cover not both? hmm anyone else?
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Originally posted by Devinjordan View Post
        i thaught you only had to take off the one cover not both? hmm anyone else?
        I'm not sure what you mean here, you only have to take off the clutch cover, but the oil is going to come out when you do it. If you are referring to the front sprocket cover, I just meant that is the volt that is hard to get off without power tools, not that you have to mess with it to change out your clutch.
        Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

ok is it just the spring bolts that hold the pressure plate on are is there another bolt or sumthing the clutchs, springs and gasket will be in monday
          sigpic

Comment

Remove clutch cover, remove springs, pull off pressure plate, remove old pack install new one.

Seriously, a five year old with one hand can do it in 30 mins or less.

And yes, you HAVE to drain the oil unless you want it spilling out everywhere.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks i think i got it
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X