X

1993 katana 750f problems!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 katana 750f problems!

i own a 1993 suzuki katana 750f and it has some problems.

After I laid it over at a low speed the clutch was instantly almost impossible to pull even then it still was not fully disengaging and engaging when fully out or in. I adjusted the clutch and it is now possible to ride and shift without to much problem.

After the adjustment while im riding especially when i take off and am feathering the clutch and throttle i here a sort of a deep rattling sounds. (Sounds like a rock in a bucket getting shook) i do not believe it is the engine as for there is not any performance problems. The sound while riding sounds like it is coming from the gearbox or whatever it called.

Does anyone have any suggestions to these problems? The bike runs fine but the clunking/rattling sound completely baffles me. I am not super mechanically inclined.

Broken clutch pushrod?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sorry but what is a clutch pushrod and can i get it fixed or have to buy one and do it myself kinda thing?

Comment

You get at it by removing the sprocket cover on the left side of the bike. It pulls right out through an oil seal so it'll be easy to get to to see if it's damaged.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X