X

Anybody recognize the old carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody recognize the old carbs?

Hey to all -- I bought a couple of motorcycle engines with carbs -- one the guy said was a 97 Honda F4 and the other a ??? year Suzuki 750...

I'll try to dig out the blocks and heads and take some pix of them in next few days ---

These Kei-Hin carbs are off the Suzuki he said -- they cleaned up nice and the rubber on all of them looks to be still good -- having a time getting those --brass holders and o-rings out though.

Thanks for any info you find or where to look....

I just wanted to get some extras on bolts and and what not -- so more info soon (but not for a few days -- I am going to be gone) And something to tinker around with something broken -- since the Kat is running fine -- (the ole "if it's not broken don't try to fix it).

bmwerman
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bmwerman; 09-14-2011, 09:45 PM.

I've never seen 'em before
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Normally I'd send you to motorcyclecarbs.com but their website is down. Might want to keep an eye on them for when they come back up.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        I've never seen 'em before
        me neither.

Comment

It would help to get an internal throat measurement on the butterfly side. This will help in your search.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
            It would help to get an internal throat measurement on the butterfly side. This will help in your search.
            I bought a boat load of carb parts back in the day. There was a set of 32mm Keihin carbs in there. I never did figure out what those were. I prefer Mikuni over Keihin any day anyway.

Comment

Running the numbers the OP has shown us, I can't come up with anything. At least with a throat size, I can go picture hunting. Still no guarantee, but ya never know.

I don't care what brand the carbs are, as long as they work and I don't have to rebuild them. Which never happens.

Comment

I was trying to figure out what they were TO rebuild them and list them on eBay properly. It never happened.

Comment

I can see that happening with these. The airbox or boots bolt up to them, so I'm sure that they only fit a particular bike.

You being a zuki tech, if you don't recognize them, that doesn't bode well either.

Comment

Working...
                  X