X

girl needing help with jetkit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• girl needing help with jetkit

I just started working on bikes with my dad...i love it. Just got my licence and my first bike.

It's an 88 katana 600. previous owner let it sit for a few years. Lots of work needed.

I am looking for a carb jet kit. I have read lots of ppl like the ivans and the projet kits.

I cant seem to find one for my bike...or my year i should say.

Is the projet kit for an 89 not able to be used on an 88?

looking online all i can find for the 88 is the dynojet kit..am i not looking hard enough or is that all you can get for an 88? i thought they were the same from 88-95 or something like this?

i believe the 88 and 89 are the same, but you need someone else to tell you forsure...i could be mistaken.

Comment

Factory Pro 800 869-0497 Tuning Shift Kit Aprilia Ducati Honda Kawasaki KTM Suzuki Yamaha

this is the page for 88-89 Kats. Assuming you were meaning Factory Pro Jet Kits.
      Last edited by clasage; 08-31-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Ivan only makes jet kits for 98-06 Katana 600 and 750's. The 600 carbs were the same 88-89. They are BST31SS.

Comment

i did mean the factory pro jet kits.
          thanks..

strange its not forsale on ebay..

Comment

88-89 SUZUKI GSX600F KATANA FACTORY PRO JET KIT 1.0

Comment

thanks guys !

now i gotta figure out how to get one to me in canada....I have always relied on ebay.

Comment

There is an eBay seller, racecrafters-usa. They do a lot of business with Factory Pro. Email them, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Comment

Holy crap another Manitoban!

I was actually in Brandon with the Kat a couple weeks ago.

Welcome

/Hijack over.

Oh, and might as well add to the actual discussion :P
                  I ordered my Factory Pro kit from them directly. They shipped it USPS for me no problem.
                  Last edited by MrBrant; 08-31-2011, 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

thanks guys, i see we have a few canadians here!!..

Well i found a jet kit locally, and took my bike to the suzuki dealer today after picking it up to have them do the install.

I called ahead and priced it out....everything sounded good. When i get to the service desk and tell them what i wanted done I was told i was doing alot of work for nothing....

I was told by multiple people i HAD to jet the carbs because of my aftermarket full exhaust....that it would run bad if i didn't jet them

Dealer says i can just adjust the A/F screws from aprox 2.5 turns out to around 3.5 turns out give or take a little.

Is this just a bunch of crap or is there some truth to it? Keep in mind i didn't get the jet kit to get more power, I just want it to run right with my new exhaust...

Comment

Originally posted by girlykat View Post
                        thanks guys, i see we have a few canadians here!!..

Well i found a jet kit locally, and took my bike to the suzuki dealer today after picking it up to have them do the install.

I called ahead and priced it out....everything sounded good. When i get to the service desk and tell them what i wanted done I was told i was doing alot of work for nothing....

I was told by multiple people i HAD to jet the carbs because of my aftermarket full exhaust....that it would run bad if i didn't jet them

Dealer says i can just adjust the A/F screws from aprox 2.5 turns out to around 3.5 turns out give or take a little.

Is this just a bunch of crap or is there some truth to it? Keep in mind i didn't get the jet kit to get more power, I just want it to run right with my new exhaust...

Doing what they said will give you a decent idle but lean higher rpms in my experiance. This would equate to at the least, buzzy rpms especially in the high crusing speeds, or to the worst... higher rpms causing engine over heat and oil thinning.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ya my dad was not impressed... he said it must be done too..I was taking it to the dealer cause my dad gets very busy and go's away for work for 3 weeks at a time. I'm just going to wait til he gets home to have the jet kit installed.

something tells me the guy working at service just didn't want to work on my dinosaur of a bike....

Comment

Originally posted by girlykat View Post
                            ya my dad was not impressed... he said it must be done too..I was taking it to the dealer cause my dad gets very busy and go's away for work for 3 weeks at a time. I'm just going to wait til he gets home to have the jet kit installed.

something tells me the guy working at service just didn't want to work on my dinosaur of a bike....

very likely...

You probably could install it yourself to be honest. Just need to swap out the main jets, and the needles. Follow the kit instructions, and...

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                            X