X

please help. 95 750 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help. 95 750 kat

I need help all. i have a 95 kat i have put 3 thousand miles on this summer. i rode it home from work 3 days ago and on the way home it would spit and sputter when i gave it throttle and didnt idle sound rite and would stall when i got home. i drained the gas checked the screen in the tank tested the coils and put new plugs in her. It started rite up and idled better than it ever has i got on it rode about a mile and BAM it did it again if i really get on it it smooths out but it does it again. i need some help please any ideas?

clean the carbs. Specifically the pilot jets.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. I turned on the reserve cuz I was running low maybe that is what coused the prob. And I have no writing on the peckcock so dont know the positions. I know there is 3.

I want a repair manual for it any good ideas on were to get one?
      Last edited by suzukisamuri; 08-28-2011, 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

here. Hit the link for "Katana wiki" across the top. Search "manual" you'll get a link to download a manual
        Last edited by arsenic; 08-28-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks. If I take the carbs of I want to put a stage 1 jet kit in it. It has a one up pipe on it and a yoshimura slip on. Is it likely that the other owner did a jet kit with the pipes?

Comment

It's not a slip on. Those early Katanas came with dual pipes. If it's a 4 into 1, it's likely a full system. I mean it is possible to have a slip-on, but that takes work and knowledge. You can check if it's jetted real easy. Take one of the top caps off the carb. Pull the needle, check it it has grooves for the e-clip to go in. If it has 6 grooves, it's Dynojet, 5 is Factory Pro.

Comment

Working...
            X