X

identify this petcock, fuel line hookup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify this petcock, fuel line hookup

This is a 94 but the tank has been painted atleast 3 times and could be off another year. This fuel petcock doesn't look familiar on the wiki page but it looks like it bolts up fine. Should I try to get a rebuild kit or just get a newer one.

The fuel line is kinked and needs replaced. I was going to get all OEM lines but they are like $15 a piece. I am also missing a snyc cap. I ordered a new one from bike bandit along with some new idle jets and their rubber plugs to go along with the Keysters rebuild kit I got. I also got a better gas tank for $119 with no rust,dents and a clean fuel gauge.

It's not off a Kat made since 1988 anywyas...

No clue what it IS from... another bike, aftermarket, etc...

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I also notice a fuel filter, which on a Pre is a no no. Also, that vacuum hose looks loose on the petcock. Needs a zip tie or clamp.

Comment

vacuum cap missing on carb #1 too

ah.. just noticed you already mentioned that.. sorry
        Last edited by Cheriff; 08-19-2011, 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        -2000 "750"

Comment

I seriously suggest going with OEM lines and replacing the petcock.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

replace all fuel line with new , shortest pieces possible
            replace the vac line as well
            the smallest of leeks vac or fuel caused by old ,brittle hose is not worth the hassle

BTW notice how that cheap clear hose kinks over the air box , use automotive fuel line IMO
            this may help you

Last edited by rexazz2; 08-21-2011, 08:03 AM.
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
            X