X

OLD--Fuel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD--Fuel

I tried searching for best repair bit am uncertain so I'd like to hear your input.

As stated in my welcome thread I jut received a 99 Kat 600, anyway it has been sitting in his garage for roughly 2 years with fuel in tue tank and I'd assume the lines and carbs. What would you guys recommend to add to it so that it does not do horrible damage when started up.

Foremost I did pull a sample their was no moisture in it, and surprisingly it was not gummed up. Yet that does not mean its not bad. So is there any additives that you'd recommend adding to it that won't hurt the bike and may boost the fuels octane, cleanliness etc etc.

Thanks for any help on this

--Dan

Originally posted by Scalelover View Post
    I tried searching for best repair bit am uncertain so I'd like to hear your input.

As stated in my welcome thread I jut received a 99 Kat 600, anyway it has been sitting in his garage for roughly 2 years with fuel in tue tank and I'd assume the lines and carbs. What would you guys recommend to add to it so that it does not do horrible damage when started up.

Foremost I did pull a sample their was no moisture in it, and surprisingly it was not gummed up. Yet that does not mean its not bad. So is there any additives that you'd recommend adding to it that won't hurt the bike and may boost the fuels octane, cleanliness etc etc.

Thanks for any help on this

--Dan
    Drain the fuel from the tank, if anything is in the carb bowls... drain them as well. Use the old fuel mixed 1/2 with fresh in your lawn mower or something.

Put in new fresh gas in the tank. Use b12 fuel additive, or seafoam... or something similiar. ONLY add the approriate amount... more than that is NOT good.

If it starts and idles well... your in luck. If after the full tank it doesn't idle well, time to pull the carbs off and clean them.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

DO NOT RUN FUEL THAT OLD THROUGH YOUR MOTOR.

Remove the tank, and the carb float bowls and drain them.

Do just as Krey says.
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

I appreciate the info, sorry I was a bit unclear in my original post. I was not planning on running the remaining fuel in tank, just wanted a good additive for what might be in the carbs.

As for the B12 is it readily available from parts store or should I head up to the local bike shop for that?? Thanks again for your help guys

--Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Scalelover View Post
          I appreciate the info, sorry I was a bit unclear in my original post. I was not planning on running the remaining fuel in tank, just wanted a good additive for what might be in the carbs.

As for the B12 is it readily available from parts store or should I head up to the local bike shop for that?? Thanks again for your help guys

--Dan
          any auto store, walmart, etc... will have several options.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X