Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What could cause fuel to not be delivered?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could cause fuel to not be delivered?

My carbs were working fine before I took my bike apart. Then I sat them on the side ( covered) for a month.

Now that everything is back together motorcycle wont run. I cranked it for a few seconds and unplugged the carbs and don't see fuel residue. So I suspect that means that the carbs are not delivering fuel to the intake boots. I also took a syringe and put fuel directly in the fuel lines but it didn't seem to have any different effect.

What could have caused the carbs to go from working very well and be clean to not working at all and what could cause this problem (so I can fix it).

btw could it have something to do with how my engine is not compatible with california emissions system but my bike has a california emissions system on it?

thanks.

Originally posted by alchemist007 View Post
    My carbs were working fine before I took my bike apart. Then I sat them on the side ( covered) for a month.

Now that everything is back together motorcycle wont run. I cranked it for a few seconds and unplugged the carbs and don't see fuel residue. So I suspect that means that the carbs are not delivering fuel to the intake boots. I also took a syringe and put fuel directly in the fuel lines but it didn't seem to have any different effect.

What could have caused the carbs to go from working very well and be clean to not working at all and what could cause this problem (so I can fix it).

btw could it have something to do with how my engine is not compatible with california emissions system but my bike has a california emissions system on it?

thanks.
    Floats sticking, float needles sticking... fuel left in them when pulled has evaporated now forming some left over varnish/residue...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Floats sticking, float needles sticking... fuel left in them when pulled has evaporated now forming some left over varnish/residue...

Krey
      How do you recommend I fix this kind of problem?

Comment

Originally posted by alchemist007 View Post
        How do you recommend I fix this kind of problem?

I would pull them off, remove the bowls, make sure the floats are right, not sticky, neeldes are seating right and not sticky, put the bowls on, do a bench test of the float needles, and then put the carbs back on the bike.

Also be sure to check the jets really are clean.

And make sure the vent hoses are not blocked off...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          I would pull them off, remove the bowls, make sure the floats are right, not sticky, neeldes are seating right and not sticky, put the bowls on, do a bench test of the float needles, and then put the carbs back on the bike.

Also be sure to check the jets really are clean.

And make sure the vent hoses are not blocked off...

Krey
          Ok thanks for advice!
          I certainly hope this solves the problem and the motorcycle starts again!

Comment

Working...
          X