bike idles at 6k when its warmed up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike idles at 6k when its warmed up

Anyone have any idea why my bike is doing this? 91 600 kat

Vacuum leak. Or choke is not shutting off.

Comment

HMaybe you have something holding the throttle partly open, like one of the intake boot clamp screws or maybe the idle screw is just screwed in too far. When you twist the throttle does it idle up higher? Does it hang when coming back down?
      Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Poorly set a/f screws, incorrect idle cable setting, overly tight throttle cables, dirty/blocked pilot circuit, out of sync carbs, or something preventing the butterflies from fully closing.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Vacuum leak. Or choke is not shutting off.
          choke if fully closed. I couldn't find any vaccum leaks

Originally posted by 5forty2 View Post
          HMaybe you have something holding the throttle partly open, like one of the intake boot clamp screws or maybe the idle screw is just screwed in too far. When you twist the throttle does it idle up higher? Does it hang when coming back down?
          intake boots to the motor are seated properly
          however to the airbox I could hardly get them on.when I twist the throttle the revs go up and it hangs just a bit.idle screw is just seated on the torsion bar. Perfectly calibrated to carb sync.bike runs good except when it warms up then it hits 6k.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Poorly set a/f screws, incorrect idle cable setting, overly tight throttle cables, dirty/blocked pilot circuit, out of sync carbs, or something preventing the butterflies from fully closing.

Krey
          Af screws are set to 2.75 I have a full exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 1swifthawaiian7 View Post
            choke if fully closed. I couldn't find any vaccum leaks

intake boots to the motor are seated properly
            however to the airbox I could hardly get them on.when I twist the throttle the revs go up and it hangs just a bit.idle screw is just seated on the torsion bar. Perfectly calibrated to carb sync.bike runs good except when it warms up then it hits 6k.

Af screws are set to 2.75 I have a full exhaust.
            Okay, what aobut the other 5 things I listed...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Carbs are clean. How would I have an overly tight throttle cable? When I revd the bike with the airbox off the black back slides would go up and down (choppy like) and there was a little bit of a mist coming out other than that the bike runs good idles fine until.it warms warms up then it idles at 6k
              Last edited by 1swifthawaiian7; 08-06-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X